Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
Helium
Nightjar
cosmictanya
12 posters

Page 1 of 50 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 Empty What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by cosmictanya Sun May 24, 2020 11:13 am

Helium wrote:
cosmictanya wrote:I wasn't expecting effusive thanks, but an acknowledge of my thoughtful contributions to karmic wellbeing (complete with actionable techniques, tried and tested by both myself and Dina Manzo) wouldn't have gone amiss.

pet

Sorry I was too traumatised by Friday's events and had to process-post what had happened.

What is WWTBD?

re wellbeing: Yes, that's not a bad way to live, although seemingly easier said then done much of the time sad yes

No no, sorry, not at you. My apologies if you thought so.

WWTBD - WhatWouldThisButtonDo.

I'm sure B&Q got over it, or else someone who was on duty is now decomposing in their armchair. Either way, you're home safe with your purchases.

Last edited by The Call of the Wendigo on Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change of thread title.)
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by Nightjar Sun May 24, 2020 11:34 am

*WDTBD

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by cosmictanya Sun May 24, 2020 12:02 pm

Nightjar wrote:*WDTBD

That's it. TY.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Helium Sun May 24, 2020 12:09 pm

ah

:iamslow:
Helium
Helium

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat May 30, 2020 10:02 pm

The baby naming situation was sorted today - I spoke to the stepmother about it while we talked generally. She was very understanding and immediately said she wouldn't consider using it.

Fraternal anticipation expands by the day here. He's had his baby clothes out of my bedside drawer, asking if they can be passed on. That would be a very firm no. In particular there is an almost doll like sized and incredibly soft top with baby blue and white stripes, a little collar, and tiny studs on one shoulder to fasten, which is coming with me in my own coffin.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2020 9:25 am

That mysterious LP shaped package that's been in quarantine for 24 hours has been opened, and it's… Excited

What's happening in your life? Part 2 Screen24

joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2020 9:28 am

Oh, and yeah,

What's happening in your life? Part 2 Scree272

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun May 31, 2020 9:52 am

Does this mean you're the first person in the world to have got it? Excited

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2020 9:58 am

Well, as all records come out on Monday* for the new chart on Sunday, I must be! Excited

* Must check this, I mean it can't have changed in the last 20 years could it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun May 31, 2020 4:15 pm

I've just found out that my uncle has colon cancer. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun May 31, 2020 4:22 pm

bawl

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun May 31, 2020 4:24 pm

Oh god, I'm so sorry. 2020 has been very cruel to you so far. It doesn't seem fair.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun May 31, 2020 4:47 pm

He's being moved to the Royal Marsden today and operated on on Monday.

I just hope they've identified it early enough.

From what I've read in the last few hours the prognosis isn't very good if it's been diagnosed late.

Not very good to say the least.

Especially since he's 78.

Anyway, a large part of his colon's going to have be removed and he'll have to have a bag.

Then the chemo will start. sad yes

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun May 31, 2020 5:45 pm

That's grim news but the Marsden can be trusted, so he's in the very best hands. My favourite great aunt survived cancer/chemo at 92, much to the disappointment of her children, their spouses, and her grandchildren, so there's always hope.

Try not to read that stuff on the Internet, you'll just upset yourself, and potentially it won't even be accurate information anyway. Easier said than done I know, but at least make a concerted effort to steer clear.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun May 31, 2020 5:59 pm

I was just reading a bit about it on Wikipedia.

Nothing hysterically speculative.

Anyway, I've only been to the Royal Marsden once.

To see my Dad at death's door.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun May 31, 2020 6:54 pm

Well, just be careful, you can end up down an existential rabbit hole quite quickly - especially with health stuff.

Not a great memory to have but perhaps trying to reframe your understanding of hospitals, as places of birth, experts, blissful drugs you don't even need to administer yourself, and being cared for through all of life's stages would work? It works for me, and they don't bother me at all.

It must be a hellish phobia to have. Mine are reptiles and funeral/burial related matters, and they're easier to avoid than the likes of hospitals and dentists.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun May 31, 2020 6:58 pm

BTW by "at death's door" I mean he died a couple of hours later.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun May 31, 2020 6:59 pm

A colostomy bag would be bloody awful. Maybe at 78 it would be easier to psychologically handle - and no more energy expending trips to the loo with your favourite programmes on pause. Or not. Each individual and all that. If you love your life, you'd just have to make the best of anything that extended it.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:26 am

Why do millennials send and ask for intimate close up photographs, or God forbid - the classic bathroom mirror shot? Just received with a 'been too long xx' text. We've spoken about this extensively - I will never take/send pictures like that of myself on a phone or a computer. I gave him his own album of professionally taken, explicit but artistic shots I'd had done several years ago, with my own annotations/commentary/thoughts about me and me/him handwritten under each picture. That should be enough - who would want to ever stick a smartphone down their knickers? It's almost like being back at SSC where so many misfits used the PM facility to send unsolicited and always unreplied to material of a similar nature.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:42 pm

I've done nothing today, Nuffin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 50 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next