Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)

+2
Nightjar
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of) - Page 2 Empty Re: Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)

Post by Butterfield Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:35 pm

It is certainly of the "Sharon and Tracey"/Karen era of names.

Isn't Shaz an acceptably hip derivative these days? creep
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of) - Page 2 Empty Re: Headlines you couldn't make up (and/or barely can make sense of)

Post by cosmictanya Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:36 pm

Butterfield wrote:It is certainly of the "Sharon and Tracey"/Karen era of names.

Isn't Shaz an acceptably hip derivative these days? creep

Definitely not. But Ronnie might be.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:39 pm

I think I'd go for "Sha". That's quite unique.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:39 pm

Anyway, she just needs some perspective - someone to sit her down and tell her that her name is associated with people as young as 55 years old. That’d cheer any teenager up.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:42 pm

I'm trying to think if I knew any Sharons at school. I can think of one who was about my sister's age, so now about 49.

There was a Karen in my year. I remember hilariously calling her Karen Carpenter.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:45 pm

You’re probably one of her worst memories, and the reason she spent every lunchtime locked in a lavatory cubicle away from your taunting voice. You didn’t sing a few lines from the greatest hits across the class while everyone fell about laughing at her, did you?
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:47 pm

Sharon is very Gen X. It’s not baby boomer, and not millennial. This teenager has insulted an entire generation by insisting they’re granny material to sob over.

I think Karen is more baby boom.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:47 am

cosmictanya wrote:Sharon is very Gen X.

Yes it is. I knew at least 10 people called Sharon during the course of my youth. Karen also multi-occurred.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:48 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
cosmictanya wrote:Sharon is very Gen X.

Yes it is. I knew at least 10 people called Sharon during the course of my youth. Karen also multi-occurred.

Don’t forget Donna. That seemed to have a good run from the late 50’s to the early 80’s, never heard before or since.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2