The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.

5 posters

Page 24 of 50 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 24 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:17 pm

Instead of a man who sounded permanently tranquilised.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 24 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:17 pm

This is horrible.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:17 pm

And then it just ends.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:19 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:It sounds like it's going to break into Tiny Dance any moment.
I kept thinking that too.

Hang on, didn't this come out before the Elton John song?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:20 pm

dunno

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 24 QjZjVOC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:20 pm

I feel that, like all the Gerry Rafferty albums I've heard, it's forty minutes of impeccably crafted dullness.

Virtually all of his songs would be a lot better if performed by someone else. The only exceptions I've ever heard to that are Baker Street, Mattie's Rag and The Garden of England which benefit from his restrained approach to singing.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:21 pm

New Street Blues.

Is this about the shiny shiny station?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:23 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:Hang on, didn't this come out before the Elton John song?

More-or-less same time apparently (written, recorded, released: 1971 - 1972).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:24 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:I feel that, like all the Gerry Rafferty albums I've heard, it's forty minutes of impeccably crafted dullness.

Virtually all of his songs would be a lot better if performed by someone else. The only exceptions I've ever heard to that are Baker Street, Mattie's Rag and The Garden of England which benefit from his restrained approach to singing.

All seems very 70s singer songwriter, too fancy for its own good, all very cleaver clever, but really comprised of clichés.

No I didn't like it, Sir.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:24 pm

Nightjar wrote:dunno

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 24 QjZjVOC
Wasn't Her Father Didn't Like Me Anyway a Humblebums song? dunno

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:25 pm

Can we do the Ringo one now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:26 pm

I have an awful feeling that all I have on my iTunes is a Can I Have My Money Back? 'special edition' bonus disc.

I think that this is this is what I've been listening to. shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:27 pm

type

The orginal album had the tracks the other way around!

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 24 R-1505192-1224687001.jpeg

We've been listening to it, backwards! in the wrong order!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:30 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:
No I didn't like it, Sir.

Indeed you could say, Can I have my Money back?

ha ha no

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:33 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:Can we do the Ringo one now?
I need to look at what's on the telly tonight first. Then I'll be free to listen to Ringo. Rim shot

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:33 pm

Nightjar wrote:I have an awful feeling that all I have on my iTunes is a Can I Have My Money Back? 'special edition' bonus disc.

scared

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:34 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:type

The orginal album had the tracks the other way around!

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 24 R-1505192-1224687001.jpeg

We've been listening to it, backwards! in the wrong order!
That would explain why it just ended, with no sense of climax.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:35 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
Nightjar wrote:I have an awful feeling that all I have on my iTunes is a Can I Have My Money Back? 'special edition' bonus disc.

scared

Yeah, but I think it might be better than the proper album. sad yes

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:That would explain why it just ended, with no sense of climax.

Ken Power

Last edited by Nightjar on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:36 pm

Oh sod it, I'm in!

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. - Page 24 R-6906012-1429221222-4598.jpeg
(but alas not on 8-track)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJfTYcH2-54&list=PLqV8_Osb2dN73wRvM8bkcm70pd3aJrgub

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:38 pm

Drowning in a Sea of Love, This little Disco Number is great, I especially Like the green blurred 'PernodOvision'™ video.

More like Drowing in a sea of brandy eh?

Odd Video, lots of err. legs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 50 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37 ... 50  Next