The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!

3 posters

Page 3 of 50 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 3 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:39

The Production's too clean, it doesn't all add together, it's all separate instruments just 'there'.

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 3 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!

Post by Nightjar Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:39

Horrible change of tempo and chord - complete with harsh, throaty vocals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:40

Nightjar wrote:
WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:Get Up.

A song for the little men, Ooh! It's a song for petty little people like me! happy

Filler track off of Quadrophenia. sad yes

Sly

music

sad yes

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:40

Organ. type

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:40

And it's ova.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:40

Nightjar wrote:That one that sounds like it's off The Wall six years before it came out! Excited

Last edited by Nightjar on Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:46; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:41

4/10.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:41

What an horrible record.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:42

Nightjar wrote:
Nightjar wrote:
WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:Get Up.

A song for the little men, Ooh! It's a song for petty little people like me! happy

Filler track off of Quadrophenia. sad yes

That one that sounds like it's off The Wall six years before it came out! Excited

Well, as the plot of The Wall is pretty much a remake of Tommy for the Quaalude crowd..

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:43

It is over.

In fairness, I did listen to Village Green Preservation Society the other night and I'd rather sit through this again than that. However, it all felt like an album made for the sake of making an album rather than a labour of love.

Now to look back at the thread and see what everyone else made of it. Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:47

Nightjar wrote:
Nightjar wrote:That one that sounds like it's off The Wall six years before it came out! Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:49

Can we do this one next week, it's from 1977, the year he made Donna Summers I feel Love, it's only 30 minutes long!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:50

and?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:51

I have bookmarked it for next Saturday. box

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:52

Nightjar wrote:
Nightjar wrote:

oops

That's like soooo much better than the Kinks' album innit?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:52

And let's not forget, this is still available for anyone who wants to tackle it at any time soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvmrMsKghLc&list=PLaOUvmM4jnQ8rHxvDQC6K7nEdnd0ahrjW

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 20:53

Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 21:37

I'm in!

Scatlover.

This is alright, a bit of the PJ Harveys, but it just drives home how terrible that Kinks album sounded.

And I'm out. Sorry, got things to do.

I'll try the rest, laters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 22:31

Also did the second track, that was alright too, a bit grungy bandwagon jumping inspired, but in a good way there was still an original sound underneath.

If I see a copy in the record racks, I might up up a copy and do it propa like.

type

CD only.

killcomputer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019 - 22:35

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:"The sick sound of our scrigging."

I still don't know what scrigging is.

type

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Scrig

Sly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 50 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 50  Next