The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

3 posters

Page 20 of 50 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 35 ... 50  Next

Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 20 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2020 10:08 pm

They're all s*dden by the time…

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4! - Page 20 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 4!

Post by Nightjar Wed May 06, 2020 7:52 pm

Are we supposed to be doing another DS album later?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed May 06, 2020 7:57 pm

Making Movies. At 8:30? Excited

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed May 06, 2020 7:58 pm

Only if the Countess is up for it.

Otherwise I'd say she should name another specific time and date.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed May 06, 2020 7:59 pm

It'll be interesting to contrast them, as one is clearly more glossy-sounding than the other.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed May 06, 2020 8:01 pm

Provisionally 8:30pm?

If the Countess OKs it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed May 06, 2020 8:05 pm

I wasn't going to, but you two both seem keen, so I'll do it. For you.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed May 06, 2020 8:09 pm

I am not at all keen.

Colbert

But that is entirely beside the point. box

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu May 07, 2020 5:33 pm

??

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu May 07, 2020 5:40 pm

I'm trying to compile the average scores of the albums we've done and I notice that a fair few are short of the full set of marks. Colbert

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu May 07, 2020 6:12 pm

Are we doing Suede at 7 o'clock? It seems to be threatened often but never actually gets done.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu May 07, 2020 6:19 pm

Er...

OK then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2020 6:28 pm

It's a bank holiday tomorrow, that mean's it's Friday Night, that means I can have a drink!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu May 07, 2020 6:50 pm

happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Thu May 07, 2020 7:17 pm

I can have a drink because I'm reading Hangover Square, which is all about drinking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu May 07, 2020 7:42 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:I can have a drink because I'm reading Hangover Square, which is all about drinking.

One of the best novels ever written.

If you've not also read them then I couldn't recommend 20,000 Streets Under the Sky more highly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Thu May 07, 2020 8:02 pm

Nightjar wrote:
Fangirl Three wrote:I can have a drink because I'm reading Hangover Square, which is all about drinking.

One of the best novels ever written.

If you've not also read them then I couldn't recommend 20,000 Streets Under the Sky more highly.

I was just reading about that in the introduction. If I ever get back to work and its library, I'll chase it up. I've read Slaves of Solitude though.

Do you like Under the Volcano and Burmese Days? Two other excellent novels with drinking front and centre.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu May 07, 2020 8:09 pm

I'm currently reading the Gorse Trilogy.

I've also read SoS.

I love Patrick Hamilton.

Don't be convinced by the man on the Clapham omnibus that beyond 'Streets', 'Square' and 'Slaves' his novels aren't worth the bother.

As for Malcolm Lowry, I've never read UTV, but have read October Ferry to Gabriola and some of Ultramarine.

I found him to be at once a writer of nearly unfathomable brilliance, but nearly impossible to actually read.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2020 8:11 pm

Do we want a surprise choice for 8:30?

Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu May 07, 2020 8:12 pm

Only if you do the proper voting. Colbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 50 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 35 ... 50  Next