Butterfield
Nightjar
Zarniwoop
The Call of the Wendigo
Fangirl Three
9 posters

Page 15 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

What's going on outside your house? - Page 15 Empty Re: What's going on outside your house?

Post by Nightjar Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:30 am

Everything dodgy or just plain bad that happens in 'ends' happens over the road. sad yes

Back to top Go down

What's going on outside your house? - Page 15 Empty Re: What's going on outside your house?

Post by Nightjar Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:00 pm

ZO*G!

An absolutely blazing row between two of my neighbours just now.

I thought it was all going to kick off.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:39 pm

Don't forget to join in. Excited

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:03 pm

I did. box

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:15 pm

It seemed to be about someone taking pictures of someone else's dog being exercised out in the communal green space in the estate's quadrant.

There were two intractable, middle-aged alpha-dads engaged in a very close to the face, t*t-for-t*t finger pointing game of chicken and then one said he'd "smash the other one's face in" and then the other alpha-dad went berserk and started challenging him to a fight in the park at 11pm tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:20 pm

Also, both their wives were there and were jointly and deftly/possibly inadvertently trying to calm things down and stoke the flames all at once.

There was a lot of "you don't talk to my wife/family - you talk to me!" stuff going on.

Are you Man!? hmm:

Yes, I am a Man!  budgie menace

You are not a Man!!!!  asp

No, I am!  budgie menace

Then, when one of the wives retreated she left proceedings with a stinger...

"I spoke to everyone on the estate and they all hate you - I didn't believe it at first, but it's TRUE!!"

bananafire

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:39 pm

Nightjar wrote:Also, both their wives were there and were jointly and deftly/possibly inadvertently trying to calm things down and stoke the flames all at once.

There was a lot of "you don't talk to my wife/family - you talk to me!" stuff going on.

Are you Man!? hmm:

Yes, I am a Man!  budgie menace

You are not a Man!!!!  asp

No, I am!  budgie menace

Then, when one of the wives retreated she left proceedings with a stinger...

"I spoke to everyone on the estate and they all hate you - I didn't believe it at first, but it's TRUE!!"

bananafire

Is it true? Has she spoken to you about it?
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:07 pm

No, he hasn't.

I have a perfectly fine, albeit coolly distant, cordial relationship with him (nodding and waving a friendly acknowledgment from a short distance).

He's even been helpful (particularly when I first moved in), but not in an effusive or especially friendly way (just, sort-of 'tell me what you want and I'll see what I can do).

However, my immediate-next-door neighbours (one of whom has lived here for 57+ years) have told me that he is a bit of a pain in the pr*verbial.

He's also been a subject of death threats.

He sells used cars. shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:30 pm

All that said however...

The other neighbour (who, I think, lives on the top floor and whom I don't see all that often, seems to live with his family and (as far I'm concerned) is always friendly and generally cheerful.

I think they have two sons in their mid-teens and have, in the last few years or so, got a dog (a kind of gert Basenji-type thing) what is quite large and epic but well behaved.

Sometimes they exercise it out in the 'Quadrant', but never for all that long and it never barks so I've got not a single problem.

My feeling is that former neighbour has been observing this family's doggy 'regime' and has a problem with it.

He apparently has a background in local council rules and protocols and is an annoying stickler for them.

Ergo: what little I understood of the slanging match involved an accusation of someone "taking pictures".

This guy (and his family) live on the ground floor and - what with the fact he's got death threats in the past for God only knows what - it makes him feel vulnerable and thus evokes in him an involuntary defensive response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:07 am

Did you go to the park at 11pm to see if the fight happened, NJ?

I'm surprised that the picture-taking issue didn't result in accusations of people being 'n*ces' and 'p**dos'.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:39 am

Nightjar wrote:

This guy (and his family) live on the ground floor and - what with the fact he's got death threats in the past for God only knows what - it makes him feel vulnerable and thus evokes in him an involuntary defensive response.

I think I can guess. Gorilla No

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:55 am

Fangirl Three wrote:Did you go to the park at 11pm to see if the fight happened, NJ?

I'm surprised that the picture-taking issue didn't result in accusations of people being 'n*ces' and 'p**dos'.

I think you've got the picture in you head a bit off.

The two alpha-dads weren't a pair of thick necked 'gammons', but rather a Kurd and (I think) a Kosovan.

The former (ground floor, car dealer, deaths threats) cuts a rather 'silver fox' type figure (a kind of Swiss/Kurdish Tony type with carefully coiffed salt-and-pepper hair) and the latter is shortish, slightly doughy, humbly dressed and bald.

Physically, it didn't appear much of a contest, but I think Kurdish Tony has some sort of physical disability (with his legs?) and when things started to get really heated the Kosovan alpha-dad really threw down the gauntlet and would definitely have escalated it to the next level. box

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:56 pm

Nightjar wrote:No, he hasn't.

I have a perfectly fine, albeit coolly distant, cordial relationship with him (nodding and waving a friendly acknowledgment from a short distance).

He's even been helpful (particularly when I first moved in), but not in an effusive or especially friendly way (just, sort-of 'tell me what you want and I'll see what I can do).

However, my immediate-next-door neighbours (one of whom has lived here for 57+ years) have told me that he is a bit of a pain in the pr*verbial.

He's also been a subject of death threats.

He sells used cars. shifty

Then she lied. You should've hung off the balcony and shouted 'you're a f***ing liar - the whole estate never f***ing said that - I didn't f***ing say it, so how can the 'whole f***ing estate' (inverted comma action optional) have said it?'

That's what I'd have done.

Is that 'used cars' that the previous owners didn't realize they were done with using?
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:09 pm

She may have been exaggerating a bit, but I know that he's not the most beloved member of the immediate community.

Funny thing is, if the argument does concern the aforementioned dog in some way, then Kurdish Tony has a bad track record.

Basenji dog is clearly well looked after and exercised regularly, but KT got an Alsatian after the death threats, but it wasn't looked after properly and used to bark out the front all the time and was all small with stunted back legs.

It's not been seen for over a year or more now. shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:54 pm

Thanks for the detailed correction of my mental picture.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:22 pm

Very very many police vehicles turning up, sirens wailing, at the junction of Abbey Road and Boundary Road! siren

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:33 pm

Correction, many many fire engines turning up, sirens wailing, at the junction of Abbey Road and Boundary Road! fireball

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:03 pm

scared

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:06 pm

It was so dramatic sounding I just simply had to go out and investigate.

What's going on outside your house? - Page 15 BossyAcademicDutchsmoushond-size_restricted

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:12 pm

It was an fire at a ground floor flat of...

er...

Evesham House?

No harm done to life or limb done it seems (hopefully).

No ambliances as a neighbour pointedly pointed out (no actual pointing).

Another dodgy fridge or washing machine?

This time in a '30s-style low-rise estate building made of concrete and brick rather than a 20 story tower block clad in paraffin-laced tissue paper. box

Camden side of the road again of course. aristojar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next