Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
Helium
Nightjar
cosmictanya
12 posters

Page 39 of 50 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by cosmictanya Fri May 06, 2022 7:36 am

Happy belated birthday to NJ.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by cosmictanya Fri May 06, 2022 6:18 pm

I have decided for sure now that once I'm in my 40's, I'll be going on an extended visit to Borneo. Maybe when my son goes to uni or something.

I'll find an orangutan rescue sanctuary, and offer my services. It would make my life complete if I could care for and love a couple of baby orangutans.

I'll try to take my mother too. She passionately adores them as much as I do, and we never argue when recommending the latest newest videos etc.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat May 07, 2022 6:15 am

Myself I will be going up and down the A12 between Zarnichester and Fanford twice today, to transport my household goods to a point from where they can later be removed to Scotland.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat May 07, 2022 6:17 am

At least the aim is to do it twice. But if I have not commenced the second trip by 12 noon exactly, it will be too late, and I'll have to do something else.

My fate is in the hands of the orangutan drivers of Essex.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat May 07, 2022 8:01 am

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 39 Everyw10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat May 07, 2022 2:27 pm

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 39 Middle-finger-snuggle rumpus-off

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat May 07, 2022 2:46 pm

I had that, but edited it as it was a bit rude.

aristojar

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat May 07, 2022 4:18 pm

I do not acknowledge the American rude finger gesture.

I had an exhausting day but I got both trips done. I was 55 minutes ahead in the end, so I spent the time putting the bookshelves back together (they won't fit in my car without being partially disassembled).

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat May 07, 2022 4:19 pm

I've got to do it again tomorrow, and every spare weekend till it's all moved.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat May 07, 2022 5:27 pm

I actually think I'm allergic to Essex. It must be some specific air related issue or something.

I almost never vomit, but of the last five or so times I've thrown up, three were in Essex - twice at Stansted. Well, technically once at Stansted, and once a few hundred feet above it, although the desire began in Essex well before takeoff.

I've fainted while being otherwise well in Essex, and I've come home from Essex with hives and some of the worst migraines of my life. As if that wasn't enough, the water seems to cause a rash, so I can't even wash my hands east of the Lea.

Essex isn't for me, which is a shame because I quite admire its democratic openness, free from the restraints of taste and heritage, and I hear that away from the Thames estuary side of things, the countryside is as picturesque as that of Suffolk.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat May 07, 2022 8:37 pm

cosmictanya wrote:I hear that away from the Thames estuary side of things, the countryside is as picturesque as that of Suffolk.

Yes indeed. Driving up the A12 this morning I caught a glimpse of rainy but sunlit folds of land (we don't really do hills) receding into the distance in varying subtle shades of dark green, and I thought, 'Oh Essex, perhaps I will miss you after all.'

Also a few weeks ago I took a traffic-avoiding detour through High Roding, and it was like stepping back into the past. Only 9 miles from Chelmsford and yet no-one was to be seen drunkenly vomiting or hitting someone else with a pool cue anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun May 08, 2022 4:06 pm

Some reprobate has abandoned a car in the parking space in front of my storage container.

That is the second time that I've had a car abandoned in a parking space that was rightfully mine.

The first time was by my drug dealing neighbour when I was renting my first flat in 1998.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon May 09, 2022 6:31 am

Nevertheless I completed my two journeys yesterday. I'm all stiff this morning, and covered with little bruises from banging into the corners of stacks of boxes etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Mon May 09, 2022 10:52 am

All stiff?

That's the lactic acid that.

Should've'd've done some stretchies after. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon May 09, 2022 4:43 pm

I did yoga and everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 09, 2022 5:23 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:Nevertheless I completed my two journeys yesterday. I'm all stiff this morning, and covered with little bruises from banging into the corners of stacks of boxes etc.

You should probably go to the doctor.

A woman I knew well ended up covered with lots of bruises after moving her furniture around one weekend, and also mentioned she was feeling stiff with new aches. I told her to go immediately to the doctor. That would've been the Monday. By the Friday she'd been diagnosed with leukemia and was admitted to begin treatment there and then. She was dead by the end of that summer.

I have a great awareness of bruising. I almost never bruise, but I keep a check on it - every few months I knock the back of my hand against a table just to see if any untoward marking appears.

Last edited by cosmictanya on Mon May 09, 2022 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon May 09, 2022 5:24 pm

Like a little ray of sunshine.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon May 09, 2022 5:26 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:Like a little ray of sunshine.

It's important for people to know these little signs. Too few do.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Tue May 10, 2022 12:42 pm

Thank you for the warning.

It does sound like your acquaintance was doomed anyway, if she died despite getting treatment within 4 days.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue May 10, 2022 9:37 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:Thank you for the warning.

It does sound like your acquaintance was doomed anyway, if she died despite getting treatment within 4 days.

I think so, it was a very advanced case. Even considering, she died earlier than the year or so she was given to expect. She'd never had a party because she had a fear nobody would come, so she finally decided to throw a huge and wild party, and everyone turned up. Being so ill gave her a confidence she'd never had - she'd always been a bit of a wallflower.

Anyway, everyone knows about what lumps and bumps on body parts mean, or pain shooting down the left arm, or a drooping face, but a surprising number of people don't know the initial signs of leukemia - they put it down to 'must've banged into a table'/boring aches and pains, so it's always worth emphasizing that those aren't always nothing to worry about.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 50 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 50  Next