Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
Helium
Nightjar
cosmictanya
12 posters

Page 49 of 50 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 49 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by cosmictanya Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:58 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:It's good to feel the love on the NHOTW. My similar FB post didn't get a single bite!

Does the company involved have insurance?

With storage places you arrange your own, or the company sells it to you. So I am insured.

I think it would be better to buy a temporary flat that you and your things could stay in, rather than paying for storage and hotels and eating out. Fix it up on days off and flip it when you find one you like better.

Interestingly CT, I had come to this conclusion myself before the disaster happened. I worked out that you have to sell-and-buy as often as every 8 months before the transaction costs make it more expensive than renting.

Of course you're on the hook for repairs, and drops in house prices, but I'm not getting anywhere with trying to rent, and at least a temporary buy would be a way of moving forward.

You are on the hook for repairs, but as you've seen, when you're not on the hook for them things can still go wrong. You are subject to drops in house prices, but as its not so much an investment than a base for you to actually stay in, that side matters much less - it only really affects you if you are selling to buy somewhere larger or more expensive (although even there, in the event of significant price falls, the more expensive areas will almost certainly be correspondingly cheaper too).
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 49 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by Nightjar Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:36 pm

I have, I think, run into the most serious and brutal argument/impasse with my Mum that I ever have had.

It's in my nature to want to call her and calm troubled waters, but this time it seems brutal and coldly hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:48 pm

pet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:16 pm

bawl

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:03 am

pet

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:32 pm

Nightjar wrote:I have, I think, run into the most serious and brutal argument/impasse with my Mum that I ever have had.

It's in my nature to want to call her and calm troubled waters, but this time it seems brutal and coldly hard.

Nothing is so bad that it can't be fixed. If a phonecall or visit might lead to further argument right now, write to her.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:17 pm

I've been to Darlington for the second ever time today. It's so much more pleasant than I ever expected - the suburbs as you drive in are quite attractive, with some large detached houses and wide, leafy streets. The town centre isn't exactly thronging with people or excitement and there are the obligatory boarded up shops in parts, but it's nice enough and the historic architecture suggests it was once quite an important place. I think it feels more southern than "grim up north" north eastern.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:41 pm

Alright me' Darlingtons alright. Monkey hanger's central Hartlepool is surprisingly not bad. Middlesbrough on the other hand…

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:42 pm

And Washington is a surprising place for a man like Bryan Ferry to come from.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:20 am

I went to Hartlepool for the first time a few months ago on a hot summer's day - the harbour area really was surprisingly lovely, with luxuryish boats bobbing around gently in the large harbour and a huuuge sandy beach to south! More Poole or Christchurch than "Teesside".

I think whoever created the phrase "It's grim up north" had only ever been to Manchester. :troll:
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:46 am

Interestingly, just yesterday I booked a night at one of the Darlington Premier Inns for my overnight stop on my next return to Scotland.

It was £27 cheaper than my usual choice, Lancaster box

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:33 am

I'll take all your words for it, but will not be going. Several years ago, I went out of my way to get out of going to a public sector conference in (on?) Teeside - an intern went in my place and took some photographs for me. I'm very dedicated to all my accounts and projects, but not that dedicated. I'd go to Kabul, or Grozny, or Mogadishu.

I don't know that Christchurch is the measure of an appealing place - it's just a load of retired fascists in bungalows - the kind that come onto the market after death 'in need of updating'. Sinks in the corners of floral carpeted bedrooms. That kind of thing.

I am a big Premier Inn fan. Reliably comfortable beds with decent sheets.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:27 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:Alright me' Darlingtons alright. Monkey hanger's central Hartlepool is surprisingly not bad. Middlesbrough on the other hand…

In Hartlepool, all seems to breathe freedom and peace, and makes one forget the world and its sad turmoils.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:21 pm

I have bought an electric blanket. Apparently they're fantastic. It is quite pleasant - I'm lying on it now.

It reminds me of the first time I got into a young mans car and he turned on the heated seat, on a freezing Christmas night out in the West End - I was so comfortable by the time we got to his flat in Lavender Hill that I could've happily slept there all night. He had to tell me he was eight inches erect and six inches in circumference (and indeed he was) to get me out of that vehicle and into the building.

The electric blanket was recommended to me as the ideal way to combat aching, aging bones, without the horror and discomfort of having a stuffy, overheated bedroom.

cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:24 pm

cosmictanya wrote:He had to tell me he was eight inches erect and six inches in circumference (and indeed he was)

Rik wrote:
What an amazing bloke! I wonder what his knob's like.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:25 pm

Who's Rick?
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:25 pm

The people's Poet.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:27 pm

Well, obviously Rik is a wise poet. That's always the question to be answered after amazingness has been established. I haven't thought much of that first heated seat until this very afternoon. The poets do say you always remember your first with fondness.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:34 pm

I once was in a field* with a lady friend, and I made reference to the wheat with 'We sow the seed, right. Nature grows the seed, and then, we eat the seed. And then, after that, we sow the seed, nature grows the seed, and then, we eat the seed. And then, after that again, we sow the seed, nature grows the....'

When she didn't get the joke/reference I knew it wasn't go work.

*outstanding in the field. blah blah

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:38 pm

A fair realisation.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 50 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next