Happy Birthday, Buttertubs!

+2
Butterfield
The Call of the Wendigo
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Happy Birthday, Buttertubs! - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Buttertubs!

Post by Nightjar Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:07 pm

cosmictanya wrote:I suppose that’s correct. You can be ruthlessly efficient but charmless (Argos) or charming but useless (you in retail). You might’ve been better suited to one of the antique shops in Kensington Church Street, occasionally deigning to look up to see if the person ringing the bell was worth letting in, and invariably deciding no. A world of charm awaits the lucky few in the market for a side table that Empress Meishō used for tea ceremonies.

No, I meant that I that I didn't mention charm or being charming in the comment where I spoke about working at Argos.

I just said that I was unenthusiastic.

Like, it was 1989 and I was 19 and just wanted to earn enough money to go Inter-Railing with my then-gf, but I was surrounded by people who aspired to Argos middle-management (AND BEYOND!!) and I just didn't care.

You've got your own melon twisted, man.

Stop projecting.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:36 pm

Nightjar wrote:
cosmictanya wrote:I suppose that’s correct. You can be ruthlessly efficient but charmless (Argos) or charming but useless (you in retail). You might’ve been better suited to one of the antique shops in Kensington Church Street, occasionally deigning to look up to see if the person ringing the bell was worth letting in, and invariably deciding no. A world of charm awaits the lucky few in the market for a side table that Empress Meishō used for tea ceremonies.

No, I meant that I that I didn't mention charm or being charming in the comment where I spoke about working at Argos.

I just said that I was unenthusiastic.

Like, it was 1989 and I was 19 and just wanted to earn enough money to go Inter-Railing with my then-gf, but I was surrounded by people who aspired to Argos middle-management (AND BEYOND!!) and I just didn't care.

You've got your own melon twisted, man.

Stop projecting.

So you could’ve been managing a group of two or even three Argos stores now. Think what you could have - a house in Bedfordshire or Northamptonshire, that you don’t live in because your ex wife got it, a leased BMW, stocktakings, away days, motivational flipcharts, conferences in Birmingham, even in Minneapolis or Orlando. You fool.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:23 am

This reminds me of how I used to buy two copies of the Highway Code, so I could cut out the road signs on both sides of the road sign pages. I would then mount them on matchsticks to add realism to my toy town.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:06 am

happy

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2