Song for Athene, Tavener

You Got The Love, Candi Staton ft. The Source

Purple Rain, Prince (live version)

cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Songs for your funeral Empty Re: Songs for your funeral

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri 30 Aug 2019 - 8:21

Telegraph Road - Dire Straits. It's 14 minutes long.

Fool's Overture - Supertramp. 11 minutes long.

Rinse the Raindrops - Paul McCartney. 10 minutes long.

No one's going to get out of my funeral quickly. box

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 1:03

It seems we are the only two mortal souls here Wendi. No, nobody is leaving mine quickly either. But I decided against 'Together in Electric Dreams' in favour of extra time for the spoken word.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 1:18

I have composed a speech for my funeral about how I've heard that it's upsetting for the crematorium staff/undertakers to have to deal with a funeral where no-one else turns up, and that they're not to feel sorry on my account, because despite the odds I became prosperous and wanted for nothing before whatever it was that killed me, so I don't care about no-one coming to my funeral, cos I'll be dead. And apres moi la deluge.
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 1:22

Ahh, but you must care because you specified cremation. If you didn't, you'd just say whatever, paupers grave will do. So in that case, you should choose some music.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 1:25

My own could be nearer than I had planned. I've finished my champagne and found a third of a bottle of Abelha organic cachaca in the kitchen cupboard. The night I drank the previous two thirds I had to have the bedroom wall repainted after waking up, sitting up, projectile vomiting and falling back asleep.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 1:32

And that is serious for me - it was the first time I'd thrown up since February 1995 when I was bet £40 that I wouldn't eat a slice of Edam cheese being used as a Petri dish experiment in a science class. I felt fine that evening, until. Nobody came to my aid - my brother was out somewhere, and my mother said she was woken by a fearful noise but had assumed it was a vulgar drunk outside and turned her pillow over to get back to sleep

The bottle is now beside me, and I'm slightly frightened. It says on the back that honey might be added. I have a choice of Mexican Yucatan and Spanish Orange Blossom.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 1:38

I don't know about these sophisticated Mexican Yucatan / Spanish Orange Blossom choices. I'm just trying to sip away my wine reserve slowly enought so I'm not sick, yet quickly enough so there's none left tomorrow and I can have a wine-free Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 1:41

Oh that is really strong alcohol. I've gone for Spanish orange blossom. I should've had it on toast instead but it's a Saturday night.

What do you mean wine free? How can you watch Sunday night tv without a drink?
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 1:50

I remember that night so well in our little flat. I had whitewashed wood chip wallpaper. I used to get holiday brochures from James Villa Holidays - France, Italy, Spain and Portugal. They did by far the thickest and most visually appealing brochures. I'd flick through them while getting passively stoned thanks to my brother on the bottom bunk, listening to my Walkman.

Last edited by cosmictanya on Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 1:52; edited 1 time in total
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 1:51

I'll just go to bed early, about 8pm. Which I always do on Sundays anyway, as I have logistical commitments which require me to be up and about every Monday at 4am.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 1:58

4am. My god. What industry do you work in? I find Monday mornings really difficult. When my son started school he either used to go by taxi or on foot with a Finnish assistant I had at the time, due to my dislike of Monday mornings.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 3:20

I am a software developer, but as my fellow Wendigonians will tell you, it's not about my occupation, it's about my situation;

I live on a street where the houses have no drives :u2:, parking is at a premium and the only time I can safely take the Fangirlmobile out for exercise is 6.25am Mondays, a spin over the reservoir causeway and a quick scurry round the megaSainsburys, returning 7.45am.
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 3:53

Oh, I understand. I've had a fair few parking tickets when 'parking has been suspended'. Princess Michael of Kent favoured parking in my street for her shopping and sha**ing needs, and the entire place would be closed down for the duration with about half an hour of warning. Some of Madame SS's privileges must've been revoked because it doesn't seem happen now. Just the odd security brute for god knows who discreetly sitting in various vehicles. It's quite offputting actually - you go out for some night air and see smoke coming from the top inch of a blacked out window.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 4:05

Have you looked at renting a garage? I now do that and it's quite cost effective. Certainly compared to parking tickets etc, it's fantastic. I've been renting a storage unit for a few years for clothing and shoes, but it was relatively recently that it occured to me to get a garage as well. It belongs to a lovely old man of 87 (just had a birthday, I took him out for lunch) who polishes my car to within an inch of its life, insists on covering it in dust sheets, and takes it out for drives in the country - he's on my insurance and has become a friend.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 4:35

I have considered that, but I'm in a terrible double bind; I have a car that requires a parking space, and a parking space in front of my house that must be kept free of vehicles other than my own.

It's a public highway so there's nothing i can do; sure the neighbours on either side are kind enough, in view of my 13 years' residence, to recognise that I have first dibs on the spot outside, but legally I don't have a leg to stand on, anyone who wants to can put one of their horrid WE BUY ANY CAR scrap advertising vehicles there and just laugh at me.
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 5:00

Oh difficult. And it's not residents only parking? Would it be worth getting a disabled person to say it was a neccesary space? Then you could get the lines painted on the tarmac. As far as I understand the law was recently changed so that the car doesn't need to be theirs - only that it's a vehicle used for their aid. As in, if it's used to do some shopping for them you're entitled to use their blue badge, whether they are there or not.

As I know to my own cost, parking within a defined disabled space on the street results in the police hammering on the door, so it's definitely enforceable. Blue badges are accepted on almost anything but red double lines - I borrowed a friends badge and was able to park in the middle of Manchester for three days without sanction. I did affect a limp when walking to and fro in case a parking attendant was watching.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 10:32

The only cure is for me to get off my*rs* and move to a house that costs at lest 80k more, with a drive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarniwoop Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 15:03

Time - Pink Floyd

Zarniwoop
Zarniwoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun 1 Sep 2019 - 18:57

Back to top Go down