The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!

3 posters

Page 46 of 50 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 46 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2020 - 22:48

Colbert I can only hope you're happy now.

Back to top Go down

The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3! - Page 46 Empty Re: The album running-commentary and general listening discussion thread. Part 3!

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 21:50

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:I'll give it till this afternoon to see if my Dua Lipasucktion LP turns up today, and I'll work out a schedule for the above lot.

It turned up, but it was only the signed card, not the LP.

killcomputer

And it was bent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 21:54

Incidentally, which is the best Supertramp album? Chryme of the Century? That one with the bananashake s on the front? scared

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 22:05

It's a toss-up between Breakfast in America and Crime of the Century. Breakfast in America is a lot more accessible but Crime of the Century is a lot more ambitious. Breakfast in America is Pop and Crime of the Century is Prog.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 22:06

Perhaps we should do a Crime of the Century running commentary. Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 22:11

Prog me up, baby!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2020 - 23:48

Supertramp - Crime of the Century
Adam and the Ants - Kings of the Wild Frontier (NJ)
Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (Me)
Buffy St. Marie - Illuminations (Me)
Au Revoir Simone - The Bird of Music (2007) (NJ)
Neko Case - Hell-On (2018) (NJ)
Paul McCartney II (me, but not really)

It's tyme for a NJ Special!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 Apr 2020 - 8:57

Well, after last nite…

Lets do PMcC II at 8pm tonight anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu 2 Apr 2020 - 9:00

OK. Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 Apr 2020 - 9:52

I fancy doing Sheit Sheet Music or similar by 10CC as I've never heard a 10CC album.

And/or we could also do that Gia Margret album I liked last year, but to be honest haven't had many repeat listens to, has it survived the test of time? scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 8:55

Are we going to continue with these? Now err...

It usually me that does that sort of thing bowtie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 9:14

We might as well, although I do wish more people would join in. We definitely need to think of some albums that would appeal to the masses. We clearly need more Su Pollard albums.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 9:36

S*d the plebs, let's Buffy Saint Marie 2nite!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 10:22

OK. box

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 12:18

Shall we do the new Purity Ring album? It's out today, from the granddaddies of Witchhouse.

Excited

Apparently.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 12:55

I don't have a clue what any of that means but it all sounds exciting. Excited

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 14:59

Neither do I!

type

Let's check out the reviews:

Some randomer wrote:
"Shrines" was plenty of good songs, I didn't listen to "Another Eternity", but this is plain bad. Boring melodies, boriing production, boring lyrics, boring artwork. Putting out colorful pieces of wax isn't enough. 1 out of 5, because "Pink Lighting" is ok (not good, just ok).

Sounds ideal!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 15:07

type

I think we'll give that a miss, a lot of people seem to do a similar thing better, if you ask me.

Mind you, dat hair! there's enough for 3 people on her head!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun 5 Apr 2020 - 18:26

Are we doing one tonight?

I'm not going to have a s**z-attack BTW.

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 50 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next