Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
Helium
Nightjar
cosmictanya
12 posters

Page 48 of 50 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 48 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by cosmictanya Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:51 pm

Didn't they have a consultation period? Where residents were asked what they might like? Or presented with some, albeit limited, options? That's disgraceful.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 48 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by cosmictanya Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:00 pm

My half sister informs me that our grandad is dead. I'm sorry, and I'll be upset later.

For now, practicalities. A card, to my nan, in my best handwriting, simply repeating verbatim the vile phrase she said to me after I turned to her following a devastating death. With a postscript of my own - 'I hope these words, which you will recognize, will be of as much comfort to you as they were to me. Your cold heart should stand you in fine stead for your future - Yours, Tanya'.

Posted, before I thought better of it.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:08 pm

Oh dear.

Is that the lot from South of the River?

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:09 pm

It is. I'd go for him, but I won't because I'll end up hauling her out of her seat or something. Anyway, it'll just be loads of old men, old tarts, a few headcases, and 'My Way', before a p*ss up simmering with tension and threat. I'll light a candle, raise a glass to him, and thereby commemorate him My Way.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:21 pm

Well, FWIW, I'm sorry.

Regardless of your checkered history with that 'colourful' branch of your heritage.

Seems like that colour tended towards the blacker end of the spectrum, but, hey-ho.

You seem to've created a relatively healthy distance between your pioneering genetic branch and that of those/them/that lot/etc...

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:39 pm

Thank you. I'm sorry I wasn't on better terms with him. He was a pretty boy, and I wish I had more photos of him as a young man. He could be very funny, and warm, and a skilled artist, but for background/generation his life could've been very different.

When I was a child, if you asked him to sketch a scene, he could do it with incredible accuracy and speed, no matter what it was. He got more thoughtful with age. He was a bad lad, but getting involved with my nan set him on the path of no real reform.

He was kinder than her. I remember he told me that some 'little git' with a Polaroid took a picture of their house, then knocked on the door and offered it to him for £20. He found the nerve of it so amusing that he bought it, and bought a frame for it.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:17 pm

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 48 20221011

The rain and wind breached the roof of the storage place! bawl

Loads of my stuff was ruined!!  bawl bawl

And more of it might go mouldy!!!  bawl bawl bawl

My beautiful book of New Yorker covers all wrinkled! bawl bawl bawl bawl

bawl bawl bawl bawl bawl

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:58 pm

bawl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:17 pm

hug

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:33 pm

bawl

hug

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:52 pm

hug

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:04 pm

group hug

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:07 pm

Does the company involved have insurance?

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:16 pm

Oh no, bad news. I'm sorry you found your possessions in such a mess, that's very upsetting. They must be insured but whether that extends to you will depend on what terms you signed.

I think it would be better to buy a temporary flat that you and your things could stay in, rather than paying for storage and hotels and eating out. Fix it up on days off and flip it when you find one you like better.

Or just rent somewhere for a year. Get a flatmate in the spare room to cover costs seeing as you move around the country so much. It needn't be some student hellhole - a professional woman of your own age should be easy enough to find - after all, people are always getting divorced, or working in new cities on short contracts.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:30 pm

I should add that, a couple of smileys aside, that is a very upsetting turn of events Countess.

It's horrible to have those precious thingummies we accrue with covetous lurve threatened and even destroyed by the insidious, pernicious horror of wetness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:37 am

That's awful and must be really heart breaking. My face actually did the gritted teeth *eek* expression when reading that. It's one of my worst nightmares - my belongings, old photographs, toys, CDs and such, getting wet, or getting covered in oil or something.

A few years ago I discovered that some of my school books (of the ones I'd kept from subjects I didn't detest) had gone mouldy in the plastic storage box they were in, in what I thought was our dry loft with lining. For some reason it was only selected books that had gone mouldy yet others were fine.

It seems nothing is safe, not real stuff nor anything digitalised which can corrupt or go missing. bawl
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:37 am

It's good to feel the love on the NHOTW. My similar FB post didn't get a single bite!

Does the company involved have insurance?

With storage places you arrange your own, or the company sells it to you. So I am insured.

I think it would be better to buy a temporary flat that you and your things could stay in, rather than paying for storage and hotels and eating out. Fix it up on days off and flip it when you find one you like better.

Interestingly CT, I had come to this conclusion myself before the disaster happened. I worked out that you have to sell-and-buy as often as every 8 months before the transaction costs make it more expensive than renting.

Of course you're on the hook for repairs, and drops in house prices, but I'm not getting anywhere with trying to rent, and at least a temporary buy would be a way of moving forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:15 am

I'd say keep everything in plastic boxes rather than cardboard, but my mouldy books were stored in plastic boxes.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:44 am

I have just emerged from one of the most baffling and bizarre experiences I've ever experienced.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:55 pm

Well, go on...
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 50 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next