flibbington2.0
Nik
Nightjar
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
9 posters

Page 46 of 50 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down

What's happening in your life? - Page 46 Empty Re: What's happening in your life?

Post by cosmictanya Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:23 pm

Really quite grim out there this evening. Just wet and dark and quiet and generally horrible. Potential good news (not for all) re: airline redundancies which would work out well for my mother. It will unfortunately mean the end to perks and family discounts, but at least she wouldn't need to return and would be compensated fairly.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? - Page 46 Empty Re: What's happening in your life?

Post by cosmictanya Fri May 01, 2020 5:09 pm

My sons father is such an ar*ehole. Unknown to me until today, there is footage of me in labour. I don't remember him having his camera phone out. He's sent it as an email attachment (along with a very nice father to son love letter, it must be said). When pequeno brought it through, to show me on his iPad, I could hear it already and thought it was some poor person being horrifically tortured and murdered, until I thought that the strings of expletives mixed in sounded somewhat like my voice.

I bet he's shown that to his f**king wife.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Fri May 01, 2020 9:19 pm

Actually, that's come in weirdly useful. I've emailed it to Sean to underline my point about how much I hate the whole thing.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri May 01, 2020 9:50 pm

Something something needless to say I had the last laugh...

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat May 02, 2020 9:26 am

No, don't get it.

I woke up this morning to find my favourite sheet has a three foot tear. No chance of shopping around for a replacement, feeling the quality in person.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat May 02, 2020 11:51 am

Never mind the quality, feel the width...

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat May 02, 2020 11:09 pm

I wonder if I should attempt to stitch it. I can't understand why or how this has happened, or why it had to happen when everything is closed. That set was one of my best ever bargains, from an American business in trouble - a 90% discount down to the $400 region.

For all the comfort and pleasure it's provided for years now, it would've been worth its original $4,000 or so price.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun May 03, 2020 10:00 am

I've just been talking to my parents via high tech video link. Like many older people they've become a lot more technologically literate in the last 6 weeks.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2020 10:08 am

S.M.A.R.T. is reporting one of my drives in my NAS Drive is failing!

dontpanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun May 03, 2020 10:12 am

I don't know what that means! dontpanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2020 10:25 am

It means I need to fork out more money.

Guarantee ran out the end of last year.

killcomputer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun May 03, 2020 10:27 am

I had a drive full of bootleg Doctor Who videos that started failing SMART. But I just turned off the warnings, and it's still fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2020 10:37 am

Well it is Raid err.. something or other, the one where's it's back up onto two drives for data redundancy and the other drive is fine. dunno

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun May 03, 2020 11:07 am

I have 3 other copies of said videos. One of which is kept at a safe location away from the house, in case the house burns down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2020 11:53 am

I've opened up that mysterious parcel that came yesterday, the Hannah Diamond ( blush ) album has turned up! it's got 12 posters with it, you could wallpaper a small room with this!

What's happening in your life? - Page 46 Img_5914

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2020 1:45 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:I have 3 other copies of said videos. One of which is kept at a safe location away from the house, in case the house burns down.

Have you watched it in the last 5 years?

ohrly

I'm doing a full check on the NAS drive, I should have just telnetted onto it and done a FSCK on it. At least I could get some feedback on how it's going.

If only I could remember how to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun May 03, 2020 2:37 pm

I am so so so bored. sigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun May 03, 2020 2:38 pm

At least that smiley's been useful.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun May 03, 2020 3:46 pm

Inconveniences aside, I'm ashamed to say I'm kind of enjoying the lockdown. It feels like the calm before the storm. The longer in limbo, the later we find out just how horrific our financial future is going to be. I'm absolutely dreading the world of pain to come next.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun May 03, 2020 3:59 pm

WhatDoesThisButtonDo? wrote:
Fangirl Three wrote:I have 3 other copies of said videos. One of which is kept at a safe location away from the house, in case the house burns down.

Have you watched it in the last 5 years?

I spin all the backup discs up regularly.

If the house catches fire while I'm doing that, I'll just have to improvise, you can't plan for everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 50 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next