Towns and cities in the UK where no (active) member of this forum has ever been to

+3
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
Fangirl Three
Butterfield
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Towns and cities in the UK where no (active) member of this forum has ever been to Empty Towns and cities in the UK where no (active) member of this forum has ever been to

Post by Butterfield Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 15:11

This is a very boring new thread but I was wondering where this forum's most un-visited towns and cities are, where none of us have ever been.

I think I've been to, or at least through, most bigger towns and cities in these lands over the years so that's quite a lot ruled out straight away.

You don't have to list everywhere you've never been, but I'll help by saying that, looking at the map I've never been to or been within the boundaries of:

Lincoln, Bradford, Southampton, Portsmouth, Brighton, Dundee, Aberdeen, Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham, Sunderland, Blackburn, York, Scarborough, Grimsby, Boston, Ipswich, Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch, Bournemouth, Cambridge, Bath, Bedford.....

I've left out the Essex towns and cities I've never been to as I know some of you are from round that way. And I know at least one person on this forum has been to Skegness. poke
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Towns and cities in the UK where no (active) member of this forum has ever been to Empty Re: Towns and cities in the UK where no (active) member of this forum has ever been to

Post by Butterfield Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 15:12

Oh, I've now been to Ilkleh Mooah, which is apparently officially within the city of Bradford's boundaries, but it's not Bradford proper so doesn't count. evil
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Towns and cities in the UK where no (active) member of this forum has ever been to Empty Re: Towns and cities in the UK where no (active) member of this forum has ever been to

Post by Fangirl Three Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 16:10

So out of your unvisited zones list there, I likewise have never been to:

Bradford, Dundee, Aberdeen, Sunderland, Blackburn, Bedford.

And some of my own (likewise leaving out places which I know or suspect other NHOTWers to frequent)

Huddersfield, Halifax, Bristol, Belfast, Derry/Londonderry, Middlesbrough, Hull, Doncaster, Exeter, Paignton, Torquay, Chesterfield, Basingstoke.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 16:51

Oops, I forgot to scroll the map over to Northern Ireland. doh

As I haven't been to Northern Ireland I'll have to add all the big towns and cities to my list.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 16:53

Oh yes, Torquay. Despite me having had relatives there (with proper South West accents, now no longer with us) I've never been there - yet I believe my brother and sister visited them there before I was born.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 16:55

Here is our updated almost official list of places perhaps unvisited by any HotW member, until someone notifies us otherwise:

Bradford, Dundee, Aberdeen, Sunderland, Blackburn, Bedford, Belfast, Derry/Londonderry, Paignton, Torquay, Basingstoke.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 16:56

Paignton + Torquay = Torbay? hmm
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 16:57

I have not been to:

Lincoln, Bradford, Southampton, Portsmouth, Brighton, Dundee, Aberdeen, Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham, Sunderland, Blackburn, York, Scarborough, Grimsby, Boston, Ipswich, Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch, Bournemouth, Cambridge, Bath, Bedford.....

I have never been to Nord iron.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 17:00

Just to clarify, are the crossed out ones the ones you have been to or haven't?
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 17:03

I have not been to Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 17:27

Unlike Charlene, while I’ve been to me, I have never been to -

The Isle of Wight, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Lancashire, Merseyside, Cumbria, Northumbria, Tyne and Wear, Durham, or any of the Yorkshires. Other unvisited counties may be missing.

Therefore, no towns or cities in them have been visited by me.

I don’t really count Greater Birmingham, as I’ve only been through it rather than been out and about in it.

Although I’ve been in the counties they’re in, many times, I’ve never been to Dover, Folkestone, Hastings, Portsmouth, Swindon, Bedford, or anywhere in Essex outside the London adjacent parts and Stansted Airport.

Tell a lie, in county terms - I’ve stood on Lancashire ground. During a stop off, I had a spliff at Preston Bus Station with some local teenage boys who generously shared it. They invited me to a party, but I got back on the coach. I have therefore been in, and experienced, Preston.

The only place in Wales I’ve been is Cardiff.

I’ve been in lots of places in Scotland, so once again I will rely on counties I’ve never been in - these are Dumfries and Galloway, Ayrshire, Moray, the Western Isles, and Orkney. Therefore, no towns in them have ever been graced with my presence.

I have never been on the island of Ireland. Or Man.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 17:36

Butterfield wrote:Here is our updated almost official list of places perhaps unvisited by any HotW member, until someone notifies us otherwise:

Bradford, Dundee, Aberdeen, Sunderland, Blackburn, Bedford, Belfast, Derry/Londonderry, Paignton, Torquay, Basingstoke.

I have been in Dundee, Aberdeen, Torquay, and Basingstoke.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 19:23

I also have been to Basingstoke.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 19:58

cosmictanya wrote:
Butterfield wrote:Here is our updated almost official list of places perhaps unvisited by any HotW member, until someone notifies us otherwise:

I have been in Dundee, Aberdeen, Torquay, and Basingstoke.
I've never been to any of those places.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 20:04

These are the town/cities in the UK that I have been to.

Sheffield.
Rotherham.
Doncaster.
Dronfield.
Mansfield.
Bolsover.
Chesterfield.
Blackpool.
Filey.
Lytham.
Morecambe.
The Isle of Man.
Scarborough.
Skegness.
Cleethorpes.
Mablethorpe.
Yarmouth.
York.
That There London.
Dover.
Exeter.

I have been through/past various other places but I don't know if through/past counts.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 20:56

I've never been past Bristol on the road to the South West.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 21:00

I've been past Bristol. Both ways.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 21:01

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:I've been past Bristol. Both ways.

Kinky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon 16 Jan 2023 - 21:32

I've kind of lost the gist of the thread and this might be a bit premature but I think Bedford might be the official town/city that no one has ever been to.

Unless Nightjar once had some sort of a romp there in 1989.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue 17 Jan 2023 - 3:00

I used to be good friends with a couple of people from Bedford.

Never been there though.

There are loads of major towns and cities I've not been to in the UK.

Never been to Northern Ireland and the only city in Scotland I've been to is Inverness.

I've been Cardiff, Swansea, Pembroke, Aberystwyth, Carmarthen and many smaller towns in South and West Wales.

As for England...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next