Towns and cities in the UK where no (active) member of this forum has ever been to

+3
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
Fangirl Three
Butterfield
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Towns and cities in the UK where no (active) member of this forum has ever been to - Page 2 Empty Re: Towns and cities in the UK where no (active) member of this forum has ever been to

Post by Fangirl Three Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:54 am

Butterfield wrote:I've kind of lost the gist of the thread

I've been collating the posts, and the conclusions I've drawn are that the unvisited places are:

Belfast and Derry
Bedford (assuming Bedfordshire is one of CT's unnamed unvisited counties)
Bradford (assuming Wendi really has never been there despite it being only 30 miles from Wendifield)

There's also a possibility of the Isle of Wight, which I've never visited (and forgot to mention) and I notice that CT gave it a firm no and Wendi omitted it from her yes list.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Towns and cities in the UK where no (active) member of this forum has ever been to - Page 2 Empty Re: Towns and cities in the UK where no (active) member of this forum has ever been to

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:54 am

I've just remembered that I've been to Fleetwood and Saltfleet.

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:30 am

I have been to Bradford.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:03 pm

gasp

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:13 pm

type

It's got a clean air zone. shifty

It looks like a radish!

Towns and cities in the UK where no (active) member of this forum has ever been to - Page 2 Cazbou10

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:19 pm

I too have been to Bradford - sort of - what with Ilkley being within its boundaries.

Fangirl Three wrote:

I've been collating the posts, and the conclusions I've drawn are that the unvisited places are:

Belfast and Derry
Bradford (assuming Wendi really has never been there despite it being only 30 miles from Wendifield)

There's also a possibility of the Isle of Wight, which I've never visited (and forgot to mention) and I notice that CT gave it a firm no and Wendi omitted it from her yes list.

Thank you! I too have never set foot on the Isle of Wight.

So, disregarding Bradford, the biggest city no one has ever been to might be Belfast; the biggest town in England no one has ever been to might be Bedford; every big town and city in Scotland has been visited between us?! gasp

And no one has been to the Isle of Wight! cheer
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:17 pm

I've never been to Inverness or Stirling.

type

Or Dunfermline.

type

the biggest places I've never been, as apparently we're doing that now are:

Brighton - Population: 242,000
Plymouth - Population: 241,000

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:20 pm

Butterfield wrote:I too have been to Bradford - sort of - what with Ilkley being within its boundaries.

Fangirl Three wrote:

Belfast and Derry

Thank you! I too have never set foot on the Isle of Wight.

So, disregarding Bradford, the biggest city no one has ever been to might be Belfast; the biggest town in England no one has ever been to might be Bedford; every big town and city in Scotland has been visited between us?! gasp

And no one has been to the Isle of Wight! cheer

I think that’s correct.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:06 pm

Bedford is the official town no known New Hall of the Wendigo member has ever set foot in? Or words to that effect.

I think we need to have our forever mooted fantasy forum meetup there. yes
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:09 pm

And in celebration of Bedford's new status, I decided to plonk the Google Street View man in the town centre to see what we've all been missing - and this is exactly where it put me. What a Face

Last edited by Butterfield on Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:16 pm

That’s lovely. The three bins are well suited to the purpose of a meet up - one is higher and larger, so it can be the table. The lower two will make good benches.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:28 pm

I'm sorry to mess everyone around, but I've just realised I have been to Bedford. I've stayed at the Bedford South Premier Inn at least 3 times.

So it's either the Isle of Wight or Belfast.

(I've never been to Dunfermline, Stirling or Aberdeen if that helps. Or Middlesbrough).

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:40 pm

Bedford is officially released from the towns of doom list!

Looking at the map I've been *past* Dunfermline on the motorway on my way back to Edinburgh from Kirkcaldy. I'm not sure if that counts. creep
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:41 pm

Has anybody been to Ayr? poke
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:42 pm

I've been to Ayrshire. But not Ayr.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:43 pm

type

https://citymonitor.ai/environment/where-are-largest-cities-britain-1404

hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:45 pm

Uh-oh.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:46 pm

Yeovil anybody?

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:48 pm

Ooh, I've been in the area a few times but always managed to avoid Yeovil.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:48 pm

Wem anyone? shifty

Birthplace of Radio 1's Sybil Ruscoe. yes
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next