flibbington2.0
Nik
Nightjar
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
9 posters

Page 42 of 50 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46 ... 50  Next

Go down

What's happening in your life? - Page 42 Empty Re: What's happening in your life?

Post by cosmictanya Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:10 pm

Would you like a conch or two for the shell pink finish? We now have half a suitcases worth. I had to take one off my bedside table which my son had placed there as a surprise. I don't think he understands the depth of my visual disgust for them.

Tentative good news here, as an informal indication has been received that my mothers employer won't be fighting her case that they've wrecked her health by ignoring medical and union guidance, and the law.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? - Page 42 Empty Re: What's happening in your life?

Post by Nightjar Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:21 pm

Are you suggesting StevieBorkleZ glue guns conch shells on his guitar? Sly

happy

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:32 pm

It might work. It could become a collectors item of great value. As long as it's not named after me, I'm happy for him to run with the idea.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:46 pm

It might work with shells glued onto it, added resonos hmm

I've already got a Sydcaster and a Ziggycaster, is the world ready for a Cosmictanyacaster?

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:06 am

I very much doubt the world is ready for one, but that's no reason not to make it anyway and take the world by storm.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:24 pm

Fingers delicately crossed - my mother has already been signed off on full pay. Just this afternoon her employer has asked all cabin crew to take various forms of unpaid leave, so that's worked out ok for her. Things like that don't generally go so smoothly for us, but so far, that entire drama has been a fountain of fortuitous timings and easily available solutions. My son has also formed a lovely and unexpected friendship with my uncle - who hates everybody - so that's quite cute. I think his time all alone on a different continent (albeit mercifully short) has seen a blossoming of maturity.

I rang the theatre to discuss my long laid plans to see Timmy. They obviously can't predict, but said no change of plans as of today. After my double bagging technique to get those tickets - taking a well connected producer to dinner, as well as sending an assistant out in thermal underwear (I offered to pay for adult nappies as well so she didn't need to worry about losing her place due to calls of nature, but she said it would be fine) to queue outside the box office on a dark winter night, in case the producer plan fell through. It didn't, and I was able to tell her she could head home to her bed.

I can't believe those tickets might become just pieces of paper due to an avoidable hygiene problem in a market in a city nobody had heard of a few weeks ago.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:33 pm

I've just got rid of one of my sons friends. I said on the buzzer he was still out but this kid then tried neighbouring buttons until someone let him in. When he knocked on the door I said he's not in. That's ok he said, it's you I came to see. Did I want any shopping or need anything round the house fixed? He's very good at stuff like that, so could he come in? I said not and told him to get himself home safely. What a very odd encounter.

I'm not sure why this Michael Barrymore stuff keeps flaring up. I've never thought anything other than he obviously invited a load of people back from the pub, and unfortunately something happened, and unfortunately it happened to be his house. You can tell from a mile off that the poor man is haunted and totally traumatized by his bad luck. I think him being periodically put on the spot in interviews is really unpleasant.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:28 pm

Yet more unwelcome contact from the outside world. Sean's daughter told me a while ago that their class theme for the term was white privilege, and I happened to say I found White Girl on Netflix to be an under appreciated depiction of the subject.

Her mother has been on the phone taking me to task for telling her daughter to watch a film containing drugs, sex, and violence. I merely said if she was that concerned about her daughters viewing choices, she'd have noticed what was on screen at some point before an entire two hour film had been consumed.

Her almost incoherent response to that is not fit for print, so I told her to F off in case a call centre or someone of similar importance was trying to reach me. I expect she'll be onto him round about now and he'll be asking me to see it her way in short order.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:35 pm

I had that woman's mother and grandparents here for tea and cake, and wasn't even sent a thank you card. That's the measure of this candy floss haired individual, but I wasn't ringing her up in a temper at 11pm to say anything about it.

She can forget all about my wildly generous offer of sending my own car to bring her and her mother into town for a birthday celebration musical, and take them back home again. They can get on the bus with the rest of the corona cases.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:42 pm

I've just defrosted my fridge. There is now literally twice as much space available in my freezer compartment as there was before. happy

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:42 pm

There is a great mountain of ice in my kitchen sink, from it. happy

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:04 pm

I've just had to drag my son out of an online group tutorial to confirm what was said in a shocking email from a second cousin.

Just last week, there was a family reunion at the Bvlgari Hotel, and this email said 'sorry we missed you' (and attached pictures to rub it in). Evidently my mother was supposed to tell me. Her, my son, my brother and his boyfriend were all there. I was watching EastEnders at home.

I don't think I'll be talking to any of that four for some time. His classmates and teacher all agreed it was a very low thing to do, because I got on camera myself and asked them.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:22 pm

I'd have enjoyed that. It would've been an ideal social debut for my newly reshaped teeth. Because these are my mothers siblings/cousins/offspring of, they're a cosmopolitan and well connected crowd - finance, media (one with an Emmy), antiques, diplomacy, wine, private medicine, etc. All in attendance.

I'm really very hurt my nearest and dearest didn't bother to tell me. I wouldn't mind so much but it's not like I have any other family to speak of, as they well know. It's enough to make me wonder if I should've had a night out in Peckham with my other cousins before the virus hit.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:06 pm

pet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarniwoop Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:13 pm

One of my Giant Abyssinian Banana seeds has germinated, bit early really, mid-March Excited
Zarniwoop
Zarniwoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:17 pm

scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:41 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:One of my Giant Abyssinian Banana seeds has germinated, bit early really, mid-March Excited

Did you buy it from Megaveg Seed Merchants?

Everest Broccoli - Jupiter Beetroot - Billion Mile Leek
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarniwoop Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:50 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:One of my Giant Abyssinian Banana seeds has germinated, bit early really, mid-March Excited

Did you buy it from Megaveg Seed Merchants?

Everest Broccoli - Jupiter Beetroot - Billion Mile Leek

No, JungleSeeds

http://www.jungleseeds.co.uk/
Zarniwoop
Zarniwoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarniwoop Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:58 am

Well it's 2AM on a Corona infested Saturday and I am in conversation on an Audiophile site about fixing my old Hitachi 7500mk2 Amp which is sitting on the floor behind me....which is not going to happen.
Time for sleep I think.
Zarniwoop
Zarniwoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:09 am

I got some seed potatoes yesterday, which I'll plant out once it warms up a bit.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 50 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46 ... 50  Next