Haute Cuisine - ★★★★★★★★★★ Michelin award-restaurants, etc...

4 posters

Go down

Haute Cuisine - ★★★★★★★★★★ Michelin award-restaurants, etc... Empty Haute Cuisine - ★★★★★★★★★★ Michelin award-restaurants, etc...

Post by Nightjar Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:23 pm

Lake District restaurant L’Enclume wins third Michelin star

Cumbrian restaurant becomes the eighth three-star establishment in the UK and the first in the north of England

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2022/feb/16/lake-district-restaurant-lenclume-wins-third-michelin-star

This 'dish' looks like what you'd blow out of you nose the morning after a very heavy fag-infused night in the 1980s...

Haute Cuisine - ★★★★★★★★★★ Michelin award-restaurants, etc... P0Xx4Kh

Back to top Go down

Haute Cuisine - ★★★★★★★★★★ Michelin award-restaurants, etc... Empty Re: Haute Cuisine - ★★★★★★★★★★ Michelin award-restaurants, etc...

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:35 pm

I went to a Michelin 5 Star blah blah. It was like eating rubber tires.

Back to top Go down

Haute Cuisine - ★★★★★★★★★★ Michelin award-restaurants, etc... Empty Re: Haute Cuisine - ★★★★★★★★★★ Michelin award-restaurants, etc...

Post by Nightjar Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:52 pm

I think that you actua...

Ohh...

I get it! Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:14 pm

Someone just posted this on reddit.

A British Airways first class* breakfast...

Haute Cuisine - ★★★★★★★★★★ Michelin award-restaurants, etc... E5k7aahfgn491

I'd especially like to hear CT's opinions on it (and how she might respond, in flight, if served it). yes

*bear in mind that the approximate cost of a first class journey with BA between London and New York is £4,500.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:43 am

I don't see the problem there. Lots of protein, even if the scrambled eggs are a bit grey.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:13 am

Bear in mind, I excessively used family discounts, freebies, and standbys, as well as expenses, rather than paying those rates out of pocket.

That is absolutely unspeakable. I've never seen anything like it. I hope I never do in person. If anyone dared to place that in front of me, I'd tell them to take it away before the plate had a chance to connect with my table. Then I'd try to calm my always easily activated gag reflex with some slow and deep breathing.

The sausage looks like a skinned p*nis, and other than a couple of mushrooms the rest is unidentifiable.

Depending on how long the flight was, I'd either have nothing, or I'd politely ask to be taken to the galley (actually I'd arrive there myself, and announce my purpose as a fait accompli) to help myself to a selection of prepackaged snacks, a few mini packets of good biscuits, and a couple of apology bottles of something drinkable.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:23 am

Once on Lufthansa in business class, for pudding I was given a single red grape in its own dedicated dish. Nothing else. The unsmiling and rather butch stewardess said it was a 'palette cleanser'. And that was 1000x more preferable than the above.

Aeromexico first class is great - tequila chasers, and generous servings of whatever you like until you pass out. Honourable mentions also to KLM, Royal Jordanian, and Air France. BA must've had a bad pandemic if that's what's being served up.

My grandmother kept the menu card from when she first visited my uncle in Bermuda - post graduation his first job involved 6 months a year there, and 6 in NYC. He paid for his ma to go over and stay, and obviously she was beside herself with pride.

This menu card included caviar, champagne, smoked salmon, roast chicken, asparagus, exotic fruits, a cheeseboard, a separate cocktail menu, and a selection of Cuban cigars plus a choice of branded cigarettes for ladies. Those were the days.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:46 am

United has a terrible onboard service reputation (unfairly IMO), but it's also quite good I find. Decent enough food - certainly nothing to complain about, let alone scar the mind forever like that BA breakfast.

The only problem I've ever had with them is that they charge for alcohol on top - it's not included in the ticket price. I suppose the Puritan roots of America go deep. Unlike many, I also find United staff really nice.

Cathay Pacific should be added to the top rung of the excellence ladder, along with those I've already named above - fabulous. United isn't in this category, but neither is it as lowly as its reputation would have it.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:23 pm

Haute Cuisine - ★★★★★★★★★★ Michelin award-restaurants, etc... Funny-stupid-pretentious-food-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down