Strange news from around the world

+2
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
6 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Strange news from around the world - Page 6 Empty Re: Strange news from around the world

Post by cosmictanya Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:32 am

Butterfield wrote:Who's to say this crisp packet hadn't simply been stored in someone's house for 45 years and blew away onto the beach just a few days ago?

Just think, now we're all forced to use paper bags, paper straws etc. little will ever be found of today's things. I preferred the days when plastic Garfield telephones washed up on the beach to remind us of better times in the past. Colbert

Has anyone come forward yet to say it was their 45 year old crisp packet which blew away, and which they’d now like returned to their collection?
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Strange news from around the world - Page 6 Empty Re: Strange news from around the world

Post by cosmictanya Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:16 pm

Somerset swimming pool closed after diarrhoea incident.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/somerset-swimming-pool-closed-after-7061863

A spokesman for North Somerset Council, which owns the pool, said: “On Thursday evening, both swimming pools had to be closed due to a diarrhoea incident in the main pool and remained closed until 1pm on Friday, when they re-opened.

The spokesman added, ‘A large backwash was then carried out and the pools topped up with fresh water’.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:22 pm

ugh

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:34 pm

It's amazing this doesn't happen more regularly. When I was a child I was sick in our local swimming pool and someone apparently then swam through it.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:54 pm

I’ve definitely been hit with some random floating Elastoplast before, but thankfully I’ve never seen anyone vomit or similar into a pool I’ve been in. I was rather horrified to read that they just use some extra chemicals and let the problem disintegrate. That is hideous.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:09 pm

My local pool had a giant ladle affixed to the wall which I always guessed was for scooping out the more visible... "solids", before then adding the chemicals.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:32 pm

I thought those were so people in trouble could grab on. I guess in some places, they are more for scooping out solids.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:45 pm

I suppose we can usefully divide the world into two - pools where the emergency ladle is more likely for rescuing people in distress in the middle of the pool, and pools where it’s more likely to be used for scooping out t*rds that patrons have contributed to the environs.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:48 pm

I seem to remember there was also a long pole with a hoop on the end which I presumed was for fishing actual people out of the water.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:51 pm

Butterfield wrote:I seem to remember there was also a long pole with a hoop on the end which I presumed was for fishing actual people out of the water.

The rescue ring.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:04 pm

staffer-caught-filming-sex-tape-senate-hearing-room

I think the source is pretty far right, but it’s still quite funny. I love that they’ve included the video, and oh so many pictures.

Last edited by cosmictanya on Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:23 pm

I am not clicking on that link.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:55 am

Yes, it is basically Nazi News. He was stupid to film it, but they’re acting like it’s the fall of civilisation because he’s gay and not far right. I’m sure he’s far from the only person to have had sex there. Someone sent me the link, and I did laugh because it is quite funny. But I read a few of the comments and was quite shocked, so I’ve removed the link to them. I feel rather sorry for him. Hopefully he can make enough money off the back of it to pick up his life in a more accepting place.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:04 pm

Man gets testicles stuck in garden chair, is taken to hospital with chair still attached…

https://9gag.com/gag/ajmb6Y0
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:40 am

scared

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6