What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

What's happening in your life? Part 3

Go down 
+5
Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
SiberianPrincess’sMidriff
Nightjar
cosmictanya
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34
AuthorMessage
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2024 9:35 am

happy

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2024 10:43 am

Did I say there’s been a new boiler installed now? I don’t know how it works. I’ve been in tears. I’m wearing gloves. It’s 12c inside this house. Idiots guides on YouTube yield nothing of value.
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2024 11:49 am

I feel I might feel bad. I’ve just exploded at the girl on the phone. She said in her young sounding and sing song Scottish voice ‘that’s so strange, because it’s the most basic thermostat we have’. I said ‘are you calling me basic?’ and she stammered ‘no, no, I just meant it’s meant to be really simple’.

‘Oh, basic and simple’.

‘No, that’s not what I mean’.

‘It must be what you mean. If the thermostat is basic and simple and I can’t work it, I must be even more basic and simple than it’.

Then she said ‘I totally get that you’re upset - my granny is exactly the same with technical things’.

That set off a more vociferous reaction from me.

An electrician is coming.

Last edited by cosmictanya on Tue Oct 22, 2024 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2024 11:56 am

Yes the boiler fires up. Makes an unbelievable racket every twenty minutes. I chose this stupid thing and was trusted to as part of the redesign of the house this person belongs to. When they rent it out to paying guests, nobody is going to have a blind clue how to get heat - and from the comments section on the YouTube idiots guides, an equal number of people have no way of getting the heat off once it’s on.

Someone had written what I think is the heart of the problem. It gives all the hallmarks of something designed by someone so native with technology that they didn’t even consider that for anyone who isn’t, it’s not intuitive and actually requires quite a lot of work to understand. This is basically the product of someone so young and naive that a simple on/off up/down switch is something they’ve rarely seen. They make everything much more complicated than it ever needed to be, because they’ve understood things like it from birth basically, not sparing a second to think that tens of millions of non geeks will struggle.

It should not be this hard - and this is really part of why I hate tech people - they genuinely think they’ve made it easier, and look/listen in barely concealed pity and astonishment when told they’ve actually f***ed up a concept as simply understood as an off/on switch or up/down button.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2024 1:34 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:
Won't Duvets start to go all funny in storage?

I inspected three of them the other week and they appeared to be fine.

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2024 4:19 pm

It’s definitely not just me because the son has returned from his day out and can’t work it either. That’s two hotel rooms I’ll be asking for the money for when they ring back to explain why the engineer they were sending hours ago hasn’t bothered to arrive. I could do with a drink, so I might see if some picturesque pub style thing with rooms upstairs has vacancies.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2024 4:26 pm

Do you know what brand and model it is?

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am

Honeywell t4 something. I am boiling - with rage.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 EmptyYesterday at 9:19 am

I'm off to watch some videos about it.

The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 EmptyYesterday at 9:21 am

I'm watching one, right now.

Just mere seconds in and the words, "Start-up Wizard," have been mentioned. In my experience, any computerised process that features the word, "Wizard, is going to be impossible to use. sad yes

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 EmptyYesterday at 9:30 am

What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 Genesi10

What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 Genesi11

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 EmptyYesterday at 5:19 pm

I've been sorting out my Big Finish collection out on Discogs, only had to add an additional two.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's happening in your life? Part 3   What's happening in your life? Part 3 - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 3
Page 34 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34