Repeats of Top of the Pops on BBC Four. Part 2.

3 posters

Page 40 of 50 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Go down

Repeats of Top of the Pops on BBC Four. Part 2. - Page 40 Empty Re: Repeats of Top of the Pops on BBC Four. Part 2.

Post by Butterfield Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:59 am

type

Oh my.

Repeats of Top of the Pops on BBC Four. Part 2. - Page 40 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSq9BLBOvs2_H3gdQxpJtUQd11wRViKyTzdXrWp0bWMeATyP8rc
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Repeats of Top of the Pops on BBC Four. Part 2. - Page 40 Empty Re: Repeats of Top of the Pops on BBC Four. Part 2.

Post by Butterfield Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:00 am

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:The Pretenders - Hymn to Her.

That's a great song. For some reason, I knew the title and knew the actual song, but I didn't realise the two were the same song, if that makes sense.

I've been singing the chorus to myself on and off since I saw it at the weekend. happy

#Something is lost. Something is found.#
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:03 am

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:Iggy Pop - Real Wild Child.

I always think this is an even older song, with a mid 80s dance beat put to it. I've never found out if this is actually the case.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:04 am

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:Paul Simon - The Boy in the Bubble.

I absolutely adore this song - I think it's one of the best album openers in the history of album openers.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:06 am

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:That was a terrible episode which was saved only by the presence of the Pretenders and Paul Simon.

Now to look back at the thread and see what everyone else made of it. Excited

My goodness. Is this the first time you and I have ever liked the same songs? dontpanic
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:30 am

Butterfield wrote:
The Call of the Wendigo wrote:That was a terrible episode which was saved only by the presence of the Pretenders and Paul Simon.

Now to look back at the thread and see what everyone else made of it. Excited

My goodness. Is this the first time you and I have ever liked the same songs? dontpanic

And me! dontpanic
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:07 am

I like the Boy in the Bubble. yes

Always found the Pretenders to be a total snooze fest though.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:08 am

Butterfield wrote:type

Oh my.

Repeats of Top of the Pops on BBC Four. Part 2. - Page 40 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSq9BLBOvs2_H3gdQxpJtUQd11wRViKyTzdXrWp0bWMeATyP8rc
She's only 37. gasp

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:24 pm

I quite liked the UB40 cover There's a Rat in me kitchen on this weeks Top of the Pops,
scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:25 pm

Curiosity Killed the Cat.

Sophistpop at the most insipid and boring. sad yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Taffy I love my Radio!

Excited

dunno

dance

One for the Tomboy thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:28 pm

Pepsi and Shirly!

They're no Taffy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:29 pm

Suisxsie and the Banshees!

Pointless cover.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:30 pm

type

Pepsi & Shirlie returned in 2000 to record their backing vocals on Geri Halliwell's UK number one hit "Bag It Up".

dontpanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Chart run up..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:33 pm

Jackie Wilson not number one! Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:33 pm

Steve 'Silk' Hurley at number one!

Is this House Music? It's just noise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:36 pm

dance

type
"It was also the first UK number one single to achieve the majority of its sales on the 12" format. Under the chart rules in place at the time, the 12" single should not have counted toward "Jack Your Body"'s chart position as its running time exceeded the then-current 25-minute limit. The rule was not enforced since the running time was not brought to the chart compilers' attention until the record was already at number one. "

Tee Hee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:38 pm

Playing out with Swing Out Sister.

What's with all this old music, it's all

Repeats of Top of the Pops on BBC Four. Part 2. - Page 40 Club

now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:39 pm

Oh, and Dead or Alive were alright, if a little too close to, err.. you know what.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 50 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45 ... 50  Next