Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The New Hall of the Wendigo

The forum in which all human experience resides. Especially for fans of the now-deceased original Hall of the Wendigo. Still Number One with the core demographic.

HomePortalSearchView new postsThe Hall of the Wendigo Emergency BlogRegisterLog in

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?

Go down 
+2
The Call of the Wendigo
Nightjar
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nightjar

Nightjar

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Empty
PostSubject: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2024 9:13 pm

I don't (and likely never will) drive, but I've been IN cars.

More than one in fact.

Anyway, inspired by a reddit thread, I was a'wonderin', what are the cars you remember being in or driving.

And how it might'f made you feel.

You repulsive pervert. flirty

Last edited by Nightjar on Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2024 9:15 pm

Anyway...

My paternal Grandpa had one of these for a short time in the late '70s.

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? 1976-Alfa-Romeo-Alfetta-GTV-red-fa-lr

It was either red or yellow.

I think.

Last edited by Nightjar on Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2024 9:17 pm

I've never been in a fancy or cool car. bawl

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2024 9:18 pm

I wish I hadn't started this thread now. bawl

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2024 9:20 pm

Um... any... interesting or memorable cars?

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2024 9:39 pm

I have changed the title of the the thread.

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2024 10:04 pm

My uncle hired a bubble car once to amuse my brother and me. You climbed in over the steering wheel, which was on a kind of stalk. That was cool.
Back to top Go down
The Call of the Wendigo
Admin
The Call of the Wendigo

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2024 10:07 pm

I've never even been in a hearse. bawl

cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2024 12:42 am

Have you considered knocking on the door of a funeral parlour and asking if you can sit in one?
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2024 12:57 am

I had two different sets of older relatives with a bit of money who had "special" cars. When I was a very young child, the oldest ones, who were my grandparents' age and lived in Warwickshire aristojar, had either a Jaguar XJ or equivalent Daimler. I remember it being parked outside our house and I climbed into the back and slid right across its beige leather seats. happy I think it was this colour:

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? 60743-0-medium

Another older relative had various "special" cars throughout the 80s and 90s, some of which I travelled in, including:

A rare 1970s NSU; German, I think

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? A231776_web_2880

A white Porsche 911, which I think I've said before I got taken round *my* block in it and I saw a boy from my primary school walking on the pavement as we drove past. I really wanted him to see me in it, but as I was sitting in the back with a window that didn't open, he didn't notice me. Colbert

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Image-asset

At some point he had an early 70s BMW CSi 3.0, I think they're called, which I travelled in the back of at least a couple of times. It was the first car I'd ever been in with rear electric windows, which I just wanted to play with but knew it would be naughty. EDIT: Thinking about it, the Jaguar/Daimler might have had rear electric windows, but I was too young to notice.

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Bmw-30-csi-e09--1973-thumb

He later had the newer 80s equivalent, a black one and then a silver one, both of which I travelled in.

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Ref-73-1989-bmw-635-csi-1

Last edited by Butterfield on Thu Oct 10, 2024 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2024 1:06 am

Oh, when I was in my mid teens, a young relative of mine briefly had a Triumph Herald convertible which I went in once - with the top down. happy It's the only convertible I've ever been in.

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Vehicle_ad_standard_image_76481ce70df4b79451daa90584acea5a
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2024 1:11 am

In Florida one time, we were given a lift in a Cadillac Escalade - the most comfortable car I've ever been in, with its leather and acres of space. This was I think in 2010 and the first time I'd seen a reversing camera.

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? 2008_cadillac_escalade-esv_4dr-suv_base_fq_oem_2_1600
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2024 1:13 am

So, I've never actually driven a particularly special car. And each time I've been a passenger in one it has always been in the rear seats!
Back to top Go down
cosmictanya

cosmictanya

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2024 5:12 am

I drove a Trabant once in Berlin. A friends neighbour had one, and they let me drive it round the block. It was very jerky.
Back to top Go down
Fangirl Three

Fangirl Three

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2024 9:10 am

My parents had a Toyota MR2 in the mid-90s which I enjoyed driving. There wasn't much luggage space though.

Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2024 12:41 pm

Butterfield wrote:
He later had the newer 80s equivalent, a black one and then a silver one, both of which I travelled in.

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Ref-73-1989-bmw-635-csi-1

That'a 635Csi. gasp

It's one of my favourite cars of all time.

That and the Mercedes SEC 500. master

I've been in neither. bawl

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2024 2:23 pm

Nightjar wrote:

That'a 635Csi. gasp

It's one of my favourite cars of all time.

That and the Mercedes SEC 500. master

I've been in neither. bawl

Yes! I can never remember the names of these BMWs if they're not a "3 series"/"5 series" etc. I've never been as obsessed with "flashy" cars, but I've always loved those BMWs too.

Funnily enough my relative replaced the two consecutive BMWs with your aforementioned Mercedes, and although I liked it I never found it anywhere near as hot as the BMWs. The Mercedes felt a lot more.... staid and gentlemanly, whereas the BMW had a bit more.... zest and attitude, but charmingly so. I think I only ever sat in the Mercedes, in the passenger seat, to have the exciting electronic seatbelts demonstrated to me which came out from the pillar to reach the front seats.

It didn't make up for the loss of the BMW. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2024 4:15 pm

Nightjar wrote:
Anyway...

My paternal Grandpa had one of these for a short time in the late '70s.

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? 1976-Alfa-Romeo-Alfetta-GTV-red-fa-lr

It was either red or yellow.

I think.

BTW, much to my dismay, he traded it in for an Alfasud very soon after.

They're very well thought of amongst classic car bores, but not nearly as æsthetically pleasing.

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Alfa_Romeo_Alfasud_2_door_first_registered_October_1979_1490cc

But it was dark brown. Colbert

Last edited by Nightjar on Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Butterfield

Butterfield

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2024 4:16 pm

I thought it was an Alfasud. shifty
Back to top Go down
Nightjar

Nightjar

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2024 4:18 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Alfasud

The cooler one is the Alfasud Sprint.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Sprint

Last edited by Nightjar on Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?   Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Memorable or nice cars you've ever actually been in or actually driven?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next