The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll

3 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Third Reich 'n Roll or Third Sh*te 'n Roll?

The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll I_vote_lcap25%The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll I_vote_lcap0%The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll I_vote_lcap0%The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll I_vote_lcap50%The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll I_vote_lcap25%The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll Empty The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll

Post by Nightjar Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:20 pm

Anyway...

Unfortunately their beguiling debut album (Not Available) isn't on Youtube in its original form* but the 'legendary', 'important' Third Reich 'n Roll is.

Better for Wendigans in any event.

The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll Yrq5qe1 The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll UdbV9en

https://youtu.be/BLOKmaFlysM

*geddit...

Last edited by Nightjar on Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:58 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll Empty Re: The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:23 pm

I've never quite got around to listening to the Residents.

Till NOW! Excited

Or whenever it is we're doing this. yes

Back to top Go down

The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll Empty Re: The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll

Post by Nightjar Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:25 pm

Not available isn't their first album.

So, I'm full o' sh*te.

I have a weird connextion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:28 pm

Wut? Don't forget to put a link to the Wikipedia Page, and a picture of the cover on the first post, and don't forget the all important ★ ratings! Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:32 pm

I'm drunk and faintly hysterical.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:13 pm

When you free to do this chief?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:26 pm

Saturday 8th of February 2020 at 7.30pm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:49 pm

The Residents - The Third Reich 'n Roll Scree202

Sure whatever. I got two ears.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:57 pm

evil2

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:57 pm

Anyway, I dunno.

Friday?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:01 pm

Incidentally, I'd rather not include the Wikilink as it includes a full rundown of the songs "mashed up" and, when I was a 15 year old and first listened to it I had to try and work what the songs were (quite hard, considering my then-limited knowledge of '60s rock, pop, garage rock etc)...

Ergo, it might be fun for us to all try and play that game? dunno

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:01 pm

I will not participate in the John Wesley Hardingathon unless WDTBorgleD gives it his full attention Colbert

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:05 pm

I will give it the full attention it deserves..

I'm free and can do The Third Reich 'n Roll on Friday.

Last edited by WhatDoesThisButtonDo? on Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:06 pm

Nightjar wrote:Incidentally, I'd rather not include the Wikilink as it includes a full rundown of the songs "mashed up" and, when I was a 15 year old and first listened to it I had to try and work what the songs were (quite hard, considering my then-limited knowledge of '60s rock, pop, garage rock etc)...

Ergo, it might be fun for us to all try and play that game? dunno

Wendy 1,563 : everyone else 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:12 pm

dunno

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:16 pm

Wendy will be able to instantly identify all the songs that have been 'mashed up'. Given her uncanny skillz.

scared

Last edited by WhatDoesThisButtonDo? on Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:16 pm

Oh, you mean the possible score?

Unlikely, since I've had over 35 years experience listening to it. box

That said, beside the obvious ones and those that I've become familiar with since, there are a number I fail to recognise and/or are so garbled and W.E.I.R.D. and lost in the mix that the 'official' list of tunes covered seems like a proper cheat.

There are also a few that, despite being being hits in the USA, are virtually unknown here.

In any event I suggest we refer back to it after the event. floella tilt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:18 pm

I don't know what 'mashed up' exactly means in terms of this album. Which I've never heard. I'm guessing it will become obvious. When I hear it.

On Friday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:37 pm

Considered by some to be a very early form of a mashup album, The Third Reich 'n Roll features what is thought to be the first commercially released record to sample James Brown [...] This sample predates rap music's adaptations of Brown riffs, beats, and soundbites by about 15 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Spoilers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next