drool

Darn this auto-isolationism.

sad yes

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus :dontpanic: - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus :dontpanic:

Post by Nightjar Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:56 pm

This has been emailed to me from a doctor friend:

Subject: Coronavirus precautions

From a young researcher who had been transferred from Shenzhen to Wuhan to collaborate with the task force that is fighting the coronavirus epidemic, we receive and willingly transmit to all of this clear, simple and accessible information, which describe exactly what it is. the virus, how it transfers from one person to another and how it can be neutralized in everyday life.

Corona virus infection does not cause a cold with a dripping nose or catarrhal cough, but a dry cough; this is the easiest thing to know.

The virus does not resist heat and dies if exposed to temperatures of 26-27 degrees C: therefore, often consume hot drinks such as tea, herbal tea and broth during the day, or simply hot water: hot liquids neutralize the virus and it is not difficult to drink them. Avoid drinking ice water or eating ice cubes or snow for those in the mountains (children)!

For those who can do it, expose yourself to the sun!

1. The virus crown is quite large (diameter about 400-500 nanometers), therefore any type of mask can stop it; in normal life, special masks are not needed.

On the other hand, the situation is different for doctors and health professionals who are exposed to heavy virus loads and have to use special equipment.

If an infected person sneezes in front of you, but at least three meters away, they will drop the virus on the ground and prevent it from landing on you.

2. When the virus is found on metal surfaces, it survives for about 12 hours. So when you touch metal surfaces such as handles, doors, appliances, supports on trams, etc., wash your hands well and disinfect them carefully.

3. The virus can live nestled in clothes and fabrics for about 6/12 hours: normal detergents can kill it. For clothes that cannot be washed every day, if you can expose them to the sun, the virus will die.

How it manifests itself:

1. The virus first installs itself in the throat, causing inflammation and a dry throat sensation: this symptom can last for 3/4 days.

2. The virus travels through the humidity present in the airways, descends into the trachea and installs in the lung, causing pneumonia. This step takes about 5/6 days.

3. Pneumonia occurs with high fever and difficulty breathing; it is not accompanied by the classic cold. But you may have the feeling of drowning. In this case, contact your doctor immediately.

How can you avoid it:

1. Virus transmission occurs mostly by direct contact, touching tissues or materials on which the virus is present; washing hands frequently is essential.

The virus only survives on your hands for about ten minutes, but in ten minutes many things can happen; rubbing your eyes or scratching your nose, for example, and allowing the virus to enter your throat ...

So, for your own good and for the good of others, wash your hands very often and disinfect them!

2. You can gargle with a disinfectant solution that eliminates or minimizes the amount of virus that could enter your throat; in doing so, you eliminate it before it goes down into the trachea and then into the lungs.

3. Disinfect the PC keyboard and mobile phones

The new coronavirus NCP may not show signs of infection for many days, before which it cannot be known if a person is infected. But by the time you have a fever and / or cough and go to the hospital, your lungs are usually already in 50% fibrosis and it's too late!

Taiwanese experts suggest doing a simple check that we can do on our own every morning:

Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you successfully complete it without coughing, without discomfort, a sense of oppression, etc., this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating essentially no infection.

In such critical times, do this check every morning in a clean air environment!

These are serious and excellent advice from Japanese doctors who treat COVID-19 cases. Everyone should make sure that their mouth and throat are moist, never DRY. Drink a few sips of water at least every 15 minutes. WHY? Even if the virus gets into your mouth ... water or other liquids will sweep it away through the esophagus and into the stomach. Once in the belly ... gastric acid in the stomach will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly ... the virus can get into your trumpets and lungs. It is very dangerous.

Share this information with your family, friends and acquaintances, for solidarity and civic sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:07 pm

My parents have cancelled our lunch date for tomorrow, they don't want to go to a crowded cafe, so they've invited themselves round for coffee instead.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:30 pm

Nightjar wrote:This has been emailed to me from a doctor friend:

Subject: Coronavirus precautions

From a young researcher who had been transferred from Shenzhen to Wuhan to collaborate with the task force that is fighting the coronavirus epidemic, we receive and willingly transmit to all of this clear, simple and accessible information, which describe exactly what it is.  the virus, how it transfers from one person to another and how it can be neutralized in everyday life.

Corona virus infection does not cause a cold with a dripping nose or catarrhal cough, but a dry cough; this is the easiest thing to know.

The virus does not resist heat and dies if exposed to temperatures of 26-27 degrees C: therefore, often consume hot drinks such as tea, herbal tea and broth during the day, or simply hot water: hot liquids neutralize the virus and it is not difficult to drink them.  Avoid drinking ice water or eating ice cubes or snow for those in the mountains (children)!

For those who can do it, expose yourself to the sun!

1. The virus crown is quite large (diameter about 400-500 nanometers), therefore any type of mask can stop it; in normal life, special masks are not needed.

On the other hand, the situation is different for doctors and health professionals who are exposed to heavy virus loads and have to use special equipment.

If an infected person sneezes in front of you, but at least three meters away, they will drop the virus on the ground and prevent it from landing on you.

2. When the virus is found on metal surfaces, it survives for about 12 hours.  So when you touch metal surfaces such as handles, doors, appliances, supports on trams, etc., wash your hands well and disinfect them carefully.

3. The virus can live nestled in clothes and fabrics for about 6/12 hours: normal detergents can kill it.  For clothes that cannot be washed every day, if you can expose them to the sun, the virus will die.

How it manifests itself:

1. The virus first installs itself in the throat, causing inflammation and a dry throat sensation: this symptom can last for 3/4 days.

2. The virus travels through the humidity present in the airways, descends into the trachea and installs in the lung, causing pneumonia.  This step takes about 5/6 days.

3. Pneumonia occurs with high fever and difficulty breathing; it is not accompanied by the classic cold.  But you may have the feeling of drowning.  In this case, contact your doctor immediately.

How can you avoid it:

1. Virus transmission occurs mostly by direct contact, touching tissues or materials on which the virus is present; washing hands frequently is essential.

The virus only survives on your hands for about ten minutes, but in ten minutes many things can happen; rubbing your eyes or scratching your nose, for example, and allowing the virus to enter your throat ...

So, for your own good and for the good of others, wash your hands very often and disinfect them!

2. You can gargle with a disinfectant solution that eliminates or minimizes the amount of virus that could enter your throat; in doing so, you eliminate it before it goes down into the trachea and then into the lungs.

3. Disinfect the PC keyboard and mobile phones

The new coronavirus NCP may not show signs of infection for many days, before which it cannot be known if a person is infected.  But by the time you have a fever and / or cough and go to the hospital, your lungs are usually already in 50% fibrosis and it's too late!

Taiwanese experts suggest doing a simple check that we can do on our own every morning:

Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds.  If you successfully complete it without coughing, without discomfort, a sense of oppression, etc., this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating essentially no infection.

In such critical times, do this check every morning in a clean air environment!

These are serious and excellent advice from Japanese doctors who treat COVID-19 cases.  Everyone should make sure that their mouth and throat are moist, never DRY.  Drink a few sips of water at least every 15 minutes.  WHY?  Even if the virus gets into your mouth ... water or other liquids will sweep it away through the esophagus and into the stomach.  Once in the belly ... gastric acid in the stomach will kill all the virus.  If you don't drink enough water more regularly ... the virus can get into your trumpets and lungs.  It is very dangerous.

Share this information with your family, friends and acquaintances, for solidarity and civic sense.

Oh no, not my trumpets!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:59 pm

Be sure to use a tissue when blowing your own trumpet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:30 pm

🎺

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:10 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:Currently self-medicating with Hula Hoops. box

Careful you don't have to many. I hear they can give you hula hooping cough.
Fangirl Three
Fangirl Three

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:17 pm

happy

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:05 pm

My Mum reckons she's got Covid-19. sad yes

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:01 am

bawl

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:06 am

I don't know if I have a fever but my phone woke me at midnight last night and I was sweating like a pig. My pillow was so wet it was horrible. box

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:58 am

pet

Goes to scrub :petting: hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:18 pm

I'm finding this all rather confusing, sandwiched between the entirely different responses of the British and French governments. The latest advice states that just 36 pupils (out of over 3,500) are in preventative quarantine, and all school trips are cancelled from Monday.

Apart from that, business as usual, but with the actions to be taken in the event of closure already posted. As the student body is very international and therefore more mobile than most, I really think they should just follow the example set within France and have done with it.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:20 pm

Nightjar wrote:My Mum reckons she's got Covid-19. sad yes

Does she?
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:43 pm

I spoke to her earlier and was none the wiser afterwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:58 pm

Is she alright apart from that?

Presumably she's self isolating? My son refused point blank to go out earlier wearing the surgical mask and swimming goggles I had set aside for him. I don't suppose I would've either at that age. Although happily, for once it's his father who has hit the roof - over plans to drop his carefully chosen and much hated first name in favour of one of his middle names.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:52 pm

Breaking news there that brothels in Berlin have been closed from tonight.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:20 pm

Very notable near gridlock around the Chelsea and Westminster. Other than that, almost nothing but dead streets and wailing sirens between Putney and Knightsbridge.

On the plus side, a surplus of gravy to be had at the table due to cancelled guests, which is always nice for a Sunday roast. Taxi driver was wearing a mask.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:24 pm

cosmictanya wrote:Is she alright apart from that?

Seems OK.

We're now facing the distinct possibility my Grandpa's funeral won't happen on the 26th though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next