Miley Cyrus - SHE IS: MILEY CYRUS (TBA)

2 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Wonder when this will be?

Miley Cyrus - SHE IS: MILEY CYRUS (TBA) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap33%Miley Cyrus - SHE IS: MILEY CYRUS (TBA) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
Miley Cyrus - SHE IS: MILEY CYRUS (TBA) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap33%Miley Cyrus - SHE IS: MILEY CYRUS (TBA) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Miley Cyrus - SHE IS: MILEY CYRUS (TBA) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap0%Miley Cyrus - SHE IS: MILEY CYRUS (TBA) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Miley Cyrus - SHE IS: MILEY CYRUS (TBA) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap0%Miley Cyrus - SHE IS: MILEY CYRUS (TBA) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Miley Cyrus - SHE IS: MILEY CYRUS (TBA) - Page 9 Empty Re: Miley Cyrus - SHE IS: MILEY CYRUS (TBA)

Post by Nightjar Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:45 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
The Call of the Wendigo wrote:I wonder what her bonus-track cover of Heart of Glass sounds like?

Here's where I find out:

Possibly over-selling it a little.

Nahh, she dern't do subtle do she, me babber.

Back to top Go down

Miley Cyrus - SHE IS: MILEY CYRUS (TBA) - Page 9 Empty Re: Miley Cyrus - SHE IS: MILEY CYRUS (TBA)

Post by Nightjar Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:54 pm

Anyway, I kinda enjoyed it.

I've noticed that a number of reviews for the album today are on the luke warm side, but I don't really know her back-catalogue so well (or barely at all TBH) so can't put it into perspective.

What I can say about MC is that she's gone through a tremendously successful transformation as an artist, public figure and cultural icon.

For example, she is just about the only celebrity around who can post pictures of her weeing in public (no pixels!) and I think "yeah, you're cool, girl".

She has a thunderous voice and is so too-confident-for-an-emeritus professorship aura that it's impossible to not like and admire her.

That said, the album fell short of tapping her potential.

Too formulaic, too much autotune and glister (why!? no point. Let her sing all normal like.), not nearly enough of the Country-inflected power pop that she seemingly destroys the competition with, and a good deal of safeness in the songwriting detail.

Still, She drags herself over a fair amount of mediocrity with power and skill and always emerges unscathed. box

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:59 pm

I'm listening to it again, in the background, it's growing on me! happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Heart of Glass is a candidate for greatest four-to-the-floor drumming ever.

Tied only with Dancing Queen perhaps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:42 pm

This one's done, stick a fork in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:46 pm

I trussed out the giblets of this honker yesterday.

Overall 4/5 - solid score.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:19 pm

type

Apparently in America they don't bring release new albums on Black Friday, which was the day this CD came out, and no one could find this in the shops. Oopsie!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:38 pm

I must be drunk I've just ordered the vinyls.

bawl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:31 am

dontpanic

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9