Butterfield
flibbington2.0
The Call of the Wendigo
Nik
Fangirl Three
9 posters

Page 20 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Go down

The all-new all things driving thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The all-new all things driving thread

Post by Fangirl Three Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:42 am

Dammit, I'd forgotten I'd have to go again this week. I'll combine it with getting more vodka and mixers I think.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

The all-new all things driving thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The all-new all things driving thread

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:53 am

I couldn't do it now, as I've been a quaffin' Nocello in coffee.

drool

bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:18 am

My car's brakes had stuck this morning. Usually they unstick once I accelerate forward hard enough, but they wouldn't today. I had to look up what to do, on my phone.

It was good advice though, you just accelerate forward, then back, until the rocking frees the mechanism.

I think they stuck because I went out in the pouring rain last week, and parked it still wet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:32 pm

If I haven't used my car for a few days the brakes sometimes stick. But once I press the accelerator, after a bit of resistance and a little graunching sound they free and off I go.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:19 pm

I took the A66 east to west today, the first time I've driven it in that direction.

There was a freshly crashed lorry on one of the dual carriageway bits. It had gone through a stone wall and into a stone barn-type building.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:31 pm

scared

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:51 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:I took the A66 east to west today, the first time I've driven it in that direction.

There was a freshly crashed lorry on one of the dual carriageway bits. It had gone through a stone wall and into a stone barn-type building.

This isn't just a crashed lorry - this is a freshly crashed Marks & Spencer's lorry on one of the succulent dual carriageway bits with chunky stone walls and a truffle-infused stone barn-type building topping.

drool

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:26 am

A little straight line "dint" has appeared on my car door - someone must have opened their car door and slammed it into it. evil
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:43 pm

They have parking on the zigzagged bit near a pedestrian crossing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:53 am

There's a broken line beyond the zig-zags indicating a parking bay. The zig-zags apply to the main part of the road, not the parking bay.

Interestingly, yesterday I drove through the Clyde tunnel and passed less than a mile to the west of that spot.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:50 am

Yeah, but it goes against the whole point of zigzag lines.

Could be worse could be a Zebra crossing…

OMG!

https://youtu.be/zJixEN8vHJQ?t=117

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:17 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:They have parking on the zigzagged bit near a pedestrian crossing?

I know the Dumbarton Road! I once bought condoms from a pub toilet just back a block or so from that picture. Had a fabulous night in a flat at Lawrence Street.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:38 pm

dunno

The all-new all things driving thread - Page 20 Cp4kRV

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:43 pm

Why did people do that? I remember a tosspot I went to school with putting a condom over his head in the playground. It got stuck. His panic was a real treat to watch.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:40 pm

When I went to get in my car this morning, the lock was frozen worse than ever, I couldn't even get the key in.

Luckily I had brought the emergency outside-car de-icing kit down from my room, and used the deicer spray that is among its contents. But it was 10 minutes before I could get the key in, and then it wouldn't turn. So I had to resort to the key-fob on my spare set of keys. Thank goodness I had the battery replaced last year.

After driving round in the sunshine for half an hour, the mechanism had thawed out.

But this is a fresh new car/cold morning issue for me to worry about. Each time I think I'm wise to all the variations, I discover a new one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:19 pm

I have to ask the obvious, but doesn't the remote key fob work every time when locking/unlocking in icy weather? I think my series of Renaults and Peugeots have all worked in all weathers.

I remember my mum once actually pulled the door handle off one of their cars when it was frozen over. creep
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:23 pm

I have to ask the obvious, but doesn't the remote key fob work every time when locking/unlocking in icy weather?

As mentioned in an earlier post, I always use the actual key in the actual lock, so it didn't occur to me to use the remote until some time had passed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:02 pm

Oh okay. I do remember one previous Clio used to lock and unlock fine otherwise, but the boot didn't unlock with the central locking in hot weather and you used to have to press the button several times to get it to shift.

Cars R gr8.
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:54 am

I shall be setting off shortly to drive from Glasgow to Essex in one hop. 410 miles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:14 pm

scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 36  Next