Butterfield
flibbington2.0
The Call of the Wendigo
Nik
Fangirl Three
9 posters

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Go down

The all-new all things driving thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The all-new all things driving thread

Post by Butterfield Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:41 pm

cosmictanya wrote:I’ve never turned off the motorway before the junction that applies. That way lies pitchforks and wicker men, wielded and built by the twelve fingered whose parents are also their second cousins. I wouldn’t feel safe.

Having now spent some time in those areas of Northumbria and North Yorkshire, other than local accents you tend to hear more Landon accents than you hear any other, from the people who have wanted to escape snapped up the cheaper housing. And I've seen more rainbow flags round here than I've seen in the West Midlands, including flying on castles and things. I'm still looking for those wicker men and inbred people!
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

The all-new all things driving thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The all-new all things driving thread

Post by cosmictanya Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:06 pm

Butterfield wrote:
cosmictanya wrote:I’ve never turned off the motorway before the junction that applies. That way lies pitchforks and wicker men, wielded and built by the twelve fingered whose parents are also their second cousins. I wouldn’t feel safe.

Having now spent some time in those areas of Northumbria and North Yorkshire, other than local accents you tend to hear more Landon accents than you hear any other, from the people who have wanted to escape snapped up the cheaper housing. And I've seen more rainbow flags round here than I've seen in the West Midlands, including flying on castles and things. I'm still looking for those wicker men and inbred people!

It’s not a risk I’ll be taking. I’ve seen Last of the Summer Wine. Terrifying.

I watched Wolf last week. The family had travelled from their London flat to their Monmouthshire country home - something that the only survivor must’ve regretted. At least people can hear you scream in London.

Rainbow flags maybe. On one side.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:37 am

Admin

https://hallofthewendigo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:29 am

I'd feel uneasy driving at that speed on anything where you can't see around the corner like that.

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:20 pm

Do we know where this is?
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:23 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:I'd feel uneasy driving at that speed on anything where you can't see around the corner like that.

I'm also concerned about whether there are vents for the engine fumes.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:48 pm

Butterfield wrote:Do we know where this is?

The all-new all things driving thread - Page 29 Scree689

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:09 pm

There's one in Spain, as well.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:21 pm

Having said I never turn off the motorway, this weekend I did. I had to plan my trip north very carefully, which involved getting petrol in Warwick for the return journey - and driving around there and Leamington Spa for a look, seeing as I was there anyway. I don’t ever spend money in constituencies that voted Br*xit, so that was literally the only place in the entire region where I could buy petrol. It looked quite nice.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarniwoop Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:30 pm

Anyone here driven in the USA?
I need to get to the KSC from Orlando in a couple of weeks and am thinking of hiring a car as it's so much cheaper than going on an organised trip..
I am not a very patient driver and don't want to end up gettin shot....
Zarniwoop
Zarniwoop

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:32 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Anyone here driven in the USA?
I think Buttertubs has driven hired cars in America.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:32 pm

I need to get to the KSC from Orlando in a couple of weeks and am thinking of hiring a car as it's so much cheaper than going on an organised trip..
I am not a very patient driver and don't want to end up gettin  shot....

Only in Ohio. And only for the novelty of it for about twenty miles, so I’m not sure it counts. My best advice is that you should buy your own gun. But then you probably should even if you aren’t driving. You couldn’t pay me to put a dollar in Florida's economy - they’re off the deep end. Basically Tehran, with more bikinis but less books.

Last edited by cosmictanya on Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:33 pm

cosmictanya wrote:It looked quite nice.
happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarniwoop Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:34 pm

cosmictanya wrote:
I am not a very patient driver and don't want to end up gettin  shot....

Only in Ohio. And only for the novelty of it for about twenty miles, so I’m not sure it counts. My best advice is that you should buy your own gun. But then you probably should even if you aren’t driving.

I will see if I can borrow one from here...

https://machinegunamericaorlando.com/
Zarniwoop
Zarniwoop

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:39 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
cosmictanya wrote:It looked quite nice.
happy

I am now considering an actual trip. I used to know someone who dressed as a Tudor tour guide at Warwick Castle while she was at uni, which I’ve heard good things about, although she did say the costumed enactments themselves were a real low point. I’d also like to see the ruins of Kenilworth, and have a proper look round Leamington Spa. Then maybe the night - and the theatre, followed by sampling a local lad in the hotel - in Stratford upon Avon.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:06 am

Warwick, Leamington and Stratford are all worth a visit. My first school trip aged 5 was to Warwick Castle. Leamington is known for its high end shops. I have relatives who live or lived in each of those towns so used to frequent the area fairly often.

We were the poorer side of the family. What a Face
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:20 am

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:
I think Buttertubs has driven hired cars in America.

Yes, I've driven in Florida - and over the border into Georgia and South Carolina. It's all fairly easy and logical, and I just love driving automatics. I never faced any gun-related issues!

I believe car rentals have got a lot more expensive in the years since I last went. I'd have thought the organised trips would be less hassle than hiring a car if you're only venturing out of the Orlando area the one time - and I'd have thought organised trips to the Kennedy Space Center were fairly routine from there. It was certainly easy and cheap to get to Busch Gardens in Tampa on a coach from Kissimmee - and it was a nice bonus to be able to sleep on the way back!
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:03 am

I like Warwick a lot. I used to visit it for its Tolkien associations, and spent many happy hours in the park next to the castle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:47 pm

I've driven on five different motorways today, in a 45-mile journey. The M80, the M73, the M74, the M8 and the M77.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Call of the Wendigo Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:54 pm

box

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next