Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee "Scratch" Perry – From The Heart Of The Congo

3 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Black Ark or Black arts?

Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee "Scratch" Perry – From The Heart Of The Congo - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee "Scratch" Perry – From The Heart Of The Congo - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee "Scratch" Perry – From The Heart Of The Congo - Page 2 I_vote_lcap67%Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee "Scratch" Perry – From The Heart Of The Congo - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee "Scratch" Perry – From The Heart Of The Congo - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee "Scratch" Perry – From The Heart Of The Congo - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee "Scratch" Perry – From The Heart Of The Congo - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee "Scratch" Perry – From The Heart Of The Congo - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee "Scratch" Perry – From The Heart Of The Congo - Page 2 Empty Re: Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee "Scratch" Perry – From The Heart Of The Congo

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:14 pm

Sounds like 2 records playing at once, in a good way! happy

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff

Back to top Go down

Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee "Scratch" Perry – From The Heart Of The Congo - Page 2 Empty Re: Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee "Scratch" Perry – From The Heart Of The Congo

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:14 pm

The Call of the Wendigo wrote:I didn't know we were doing one tonight. bawl

It's only cuz Scratch died. :(

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:15 pm

This is great, :skank:  

type

2 For Sale from £332.49

hmm

killcomputer

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:17 pm

Maybe we should have Done Super Ape?

monster mash

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:17 pm

track something, Mengieb

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:18 pm

Message to Rudi?

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:21 pm

Not sure this ones quite working.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:22 pm

Too much ska, not enough Congolisms.

Still, nice flying symbol action.

Half hearted false ending.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:23 pm

To be honest I was more of a King Tubby man when it came to the dub.

shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:24 pm

Have you ever seen king Tubby? He looks like a Jamaican Arthur Lowe shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:25 pm

Track 5: Nakoya

How come the tracks uploaded last year sound worse than the ones uploaded 10 years ago?

Liking the vocals on this one music

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:27 pm

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:Have you ever seen king Tubby? He looks like a Jamaican Arthur Lowe shifty

Here he is, when I had my photo taken with him:

Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee "Scratch" Perry – From The Heart Of The Congo - Page 2 A-25872-1386104506-8190.jpeg

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:27 pm

I think this is GR8, if only I could hear it, shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:28 pm

Oh, and that last one when on too long.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:30 pm

music

Wonder what they're singing about? Probably slagging off Brazzaville.

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:31 pm

last one, Guipimbu Gienn dunno

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:32 pm

Found a slightly better upload,

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:33 pm

Toaster!

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:35 pm

music Nice sax or sax adjacent

Back to top Go down

Post by SiberianPrincess’sMidriff Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:38 pm

It is over.

What an odd album. Never heard anything like it before, possibly ran out of a bit of steam on side 2. ★★★★ out of ★★★★★ for me Clive.

SiberianPrincess’sMidriff wrote:
More details about it's recording:

https://www.fondsound.com/seke-molenga-kalo-kawongolo-seke-molenga-kalo-kawongolo-from-the-heart-of-the-congo-1979/

There's also a download link at the end of that, which appears to have the best sound quality, and I'd advise listening to those versions if you can.

Still sounds like it was a tape to tape copy on a position normal cassette though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next