Fangirl Three
The Call of the Wendigo
Helium
Nightjar
cosmictanya
12 posters

Page 42 of 50 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46 ... 50  Next

Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 42 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by Nightjar Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:59 pm

Tomorrow it's Duran Duran and Niles Rodgers & Chic. gasp

Back to top Go down

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 42 Empty Re: What's happening in your life? Part 2

Post by Butterfield Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:57 am

Much as I love pop and rock music, and some of these acts performing, I don't think this amount of open air concerts you get these days - in parks, castles, zoos, cemeteries - is a good idea. Loud music should be kept within the walls of those wishing to hear it, be it in houses, cars or arenas.

The only music that should be heard in parks are string quartets in the bandstand. aristojar
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:02 am

My room in this hotel is right next to the lift shaft, and there were parties of noisy drunks staggering out of the lift and past my door from 11.30pm-2am.

And when they stopped, the people getting up early to go to the airport started.

Thank goodness I went to bed at 8pm, at least I got some sleep before the racket began.

http://shallowlikeus.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:41 am

Fangirl Three wrote:My room in this hotel is right next to the lift shaft, and there were parties of noisy drunks staggering out of the lift and past my door from 11.30pm-2am.

And when they stopped, the people getting up early to go to the airport started.

Thank goodness I went to bed at 8pm, at least I got some sleep before the racket began.

Thankfully long ago, I briefly rented a flat in [score-through]Belgravia[/score-through] Victoria, which was a converted wine vault under the pavement. I thought it was cute (own front door, lots of 'character', a little private patio etc).

I barely slept - night and day the sound of hordes of tourists and others armed with wheeled suitcases would clatter directly overhead like a conveyer belt from hell, every wheel making contact with the edges of each paving stone.

That quickly explained just why the rent was so cheap - I had actually rung presuming it was a mistake, and was delighted when they confirmed that no, the price published wasn't missing a zero, and it was available immediately.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfield Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:08 pm

That reminds me of the Travelodge above a pub in downtown Edinburgh, where the loud music and chatter carried on into the early hours, before the bin lorry arrived at something like 5:30am to empty the many lined-up dumpsters, complete with reversing beep and smashing of glass for a few minutes. What a Face
Butterfield
Butterfield

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:23 pm

All day I've been under the impression today is Saturday. I was half tempted to arrange a one night stand even though I haven't had my eyebrows done. The available pool tends to reduce considerably on a Sunday night.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:32 pm

Yep, I can hear Duran X2 now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:26 pm

I took the hire van back today, and vacated my last English storage unit. That is the end of my presence in Zarnichester. My fate now lies elsewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:25 pm

Fangirl Three wrote:I took the hire van back today, and vacated my last English storage unit. That is the end of my presence in Zarnichester. My fate now lies elsewhere.

Lucky you. An Essex Girl by the name of Patel has thrown her hat into the ring...

What's happening in your life? Part 2 - Page 42 Large_UNI_011250_B

You don't want to stake your fate on the shape of that kind of county or country. I preferred the type when it was just their knickers they threw around. At least they only wanted a good time for themselves, rather than actively working for others to have anything but.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:23 pm

I'm a little bit annoyed. I've just received a text from my son asking if he can go to Bormes les Mimosas for a long weekend, this weekend. I've already shelled out for flying lessons and for his flights to spend almost all of August in French Polynesia with four of his friends and a set of parents. I think that's more than most kids of his age can expect from their summer holidays. I would quite appreciate spending a long weekend at someone's villa in Bormes les Mimosas myself, but I can't.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:13 pm

My mother is one of these women who changes herself/her interests each time she has a new man. This one she's been with for a couple of years now is a rugby person. Now it's all rugby stuff, trainers and rugby shirts, working out together, dinners with inbreds and their WAGS where all talk is of Twickenham. One thing never changes however - she's consistently hostile to anyone that takes her out of the moment/reminds her of a previous chapter of her life by just existing. She was actually plain nasty earlier when I rang.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:56 pm

My corkscrew broke. I had to use a pair of medical scissors (my great grandmothers - from her WWI nursing days, and still as sharp as the day they were made) to get at the wine, and a tea strainer to get it into the glass.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:42 pm

Earlier today I came home to find my mother and her boyfriend on my terrace. I don't quite know how it happened* but he called me a 'guttersnipe', among other things, and some observations - 'it was a waste of time and money to educate you', 'she aborted the wrong pregnancy', 'you are your fathers daughter', 'daughter of a family of thugs, ex wife of a family of thugs', 'I've never met a woman I've wanted to punch more'. She was standing between us in tears.

He actually squared up at one point, literally. I've never seen anyone do that. Being the daughter and ex wife of 'thugs' (neither true, my father and ex husband were both the most refined in their family - and even my grandad on that side has artistic talent/appreciation, and in his Teddy Boy youth kept his flick knife largely hidden/for use not show - so I hear, by all accounts), I've never needed to watch a middle class person attempt to make themselves larger to fight.

There was something of the zoo to it all. He didn't take at all well to my suggestion that he'd find a tape measure to measure his d*ck in the cutlery drawer.

I felt rather alive. There's nothing like a screaming match with no barriers and more than a hint of imminent violence. Slightly drained of energy now.

*It might've been when I served him a glass of water to be hospitable, and he murmured to my mother something along the lines of 'the b*tch has probably laced it with something', or along those lines. The exact beginning of hostilities is currently lost in the midst of the aftermath.

Rugger buggers. What can you say. They are what they are.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:03 pm

I did notice for the first time that we are actually the same height. That was interesting. He seems taller. When I arrived home I kicked my shoes off - otherwise I'd have gone into things with a five inch advantage. The boarding schools that ring London have much to answer for.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:38 pm

Why do beauticians talk such utter boll*cks? Between meetings I had an eyebrow tidy/dye and a lash tint. She said she spent the whole weekend sunbathing and looks forward to the same next weekend. Later in the appointment, she said she 'hates' the sun and hot weather.

Then there's what's been done - 'kind of natural, just enhanced' evidently means something quite different to a girl young enough to be your own daughter. She's done a full Kardashian on me. I had to ask for some extra waxing and thinning out with tweezers to tone it down.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:56 pm

cosmictanya wrote:My corkscrew broke. I had to use a pair of medical scissors (my great grandmothers - from her WWI nursing days, and still as sharp as the day they were made) to get at the wine, and a tea strainer to get it into the glass.

Go on Youtube.

There are dozens of suggested, effective ways to get a cork out of a bottle without a corkscrew.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:44 pm

It's done now, and it's fine. Surgical grade scissors are long enough to get down into the neck of the bottle, and light enough to offer relative precision.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl Three Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:09 am

cosmictanya wrote:Why do beauticians talk such utter boll*cks? Between meetings I had an eyebrow tidy/dye and a lash tint. She said she spent the whole weekend sunbathing and looks forward to the same next weekend. Later in the appointment, she said she 'hates' the sun and hot weather

I had one telling me once that the Earth was about to have one of its apparently periodic changes in the direction it rotates, and she was worried about the effects on people's mood. I wanted to tell her that if that happens, people would be flung into space along with every other movable object on the planet's surface. But I just said 'Mmmm.'

I'm sorry you're being squared up to by angry short men in your own house btw. That's no way to be treated.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:46 am

Fangirl Three wrote:
cosmictanya wrote:Why do beauticians talk such utter boll*cks? Between meetings I had an eyebrow tidy/dye and a lash tint. She said she spent the whole weekend sunbathing and looks forward to the same next weekend. Later in the appointment, she said she 'hates' the sun and hot weather

I had one telling me once that the Earth was about to have one of its apparently periodic changes in the direction it rotates, and she was worried about the effects on people's mood. I wanted to tell her that if that happens, people would be flung into space along with every other movable object on the planet's surface. But I just said 'Mmmm.'

I'm sorry you're being squared up to by angry short men in your own house btw. That's no way to be treated.

Thank you.

LOL - yes, I agree with your technique. 'Mmmm' is the best response in these circumstances.
cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmictanya Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:14 pm

Television has broken down, new card won't work properly, emergency banking number is 'closed', iPad needs replaced, zip on favourite bag has snapped, main mobile needs to be plugged in to hold charge hence no longer a mobile but more restricted than a cordless landline handset, fridge freezer switches itself off whenever it feels like doing so, and at least four of the plug sockets in here are no longer working at all.

I had to replace the microwave a couple of weeks ago, I'm still waiting for the wiring to the oven to be sorted out, and my son has just informed me that the shower goes off every couple of minutes meaning you have turn it off, start it from scratch, wait for the cold water to run through, get back under it, and know you have about 90 seconds before having to rinse and repeat, so I can't even look forward to a long relaxing shower tonight.

I wish I'd stayed in bed today.

cosmictanya
cosmictanya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 50 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46 ... 50  Next